Product Manager Instructure
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We hire bright, talented people. All team members contribute to the product in a meaningful way. The product team doesn't throw specs over some imaginary wall to engineering, and engineering doesn't throw code over some imaginary wall to QA. We all collaborate together.
Most of our work is open sourced, even our primary product. (http://github.com/instructure) We are changing how teachers and students interact, whether in small groups or with tens of thousands of students in one course. Check out our online courses at canvas.net.
We're not big fans of traditional job descriptions, so...
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work with our Product & Marketing teams and report directly into our Sr. Director of Product Management and Product Marketing. This position will steer the features, enhancements, and user experience for Canvas Network. The Product Manager will help to develop new ideas and features based on industry understanding, direct contact with customers and prospects as well as market trends. There are lots of interesting, complex, and challenging problems that will leverage your skills; oh, and new things come up every day.
Here?s what you will be doing:
- Be a product expert and subject matter expert on Canvas Network.
- Be an industry expert on MOOC?s, online learning practices, and educational communities.
- Assist with managing roadmap for Canvas Network.
- Not yell at your team when deadlines are not being met.
- Partner with Engineering during feature development.
- Partner with Design team on mockups and feature prototypes.
- Partner with whoever else is awesome that can get things moving along.
- Work with end users to learn and understand new features prior to implementation.
- Work with end users to understand and discover gaps in functionality and brainstorm ideas to resolve.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Product Management.
- Experience in the LMS industry or with educational technology ideal.
- Experience managing enterprise software would be awesome.
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex enterprise software solutions.
- Ability to solve problems.
Experience is helpful, but raw talent is a must.
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you covered!):
- Medical (United Healthcare)
- Dental (LifeMap)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)
- Lots of paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
We participate in eVerify. EEO.
||Sandy, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED