Product Marketing Manager_EMEA Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As a Product Marketing Manager or Senior Manager at Splunk you will be responsible for driving the marketing strategy, positioning, competitive intelligence, field and channel enablement and evangelism of Splunk in EMEA. The role requires you to be strongly technical, but with business savvy and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. You will be implementing product go-to-market strategies, crafting and clearly communicating key messages and value proposition, knowing and monitoring key performance indicators, understanding the dynamics of both direct and channel sales, and influencing many teams towards common goals. The position is ideally based in the UK, although other European locations would be considered. A strong background in product marketing at an enterprise software company is essential.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Sales tools: Developing technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools, to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk technology story effectively.
- Product demonstrations: Designing, delivering and training the field on value-based demonstration, working in conjunction with Sales Engineering.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating Splunk at conferences, tradeshows, to analysts and customers.
- Competitive intelligence: Research and maintain technical competitive intelligence in key usage areas and markets, including building technical evaluation labs.
- Product positioning: Connecting market and technology trends with Splunk's technology to build technical product positioning and messages for key use cases.
- Product launches: Participating in product launches to build technical product messaging, briefing analysts and press on Splunk's technology, developing product collateral and sales tools and general support of the launch plan.
- Partnerships: Supporting partnership-related technical product marketing activities.
- Industry events: Attending tradeshows and other events to represent Splunk and showcase the technology.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 3-6+ years in product marketing in enterprise software.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management software products, or other relevant areas for Splunk such as business analytics.
- Experience with networking, server, application monitoring and web technologies.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative and hi-growth technology environment.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is the fastest growing and most pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of one of the most innovative, disruptive and successful companies in the software industry.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Competitive salary with healthcare benefit, life insurance and stock options.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED