Product Specialist - Genetic Identity Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide support to Global Strategic Marketing and Product Management in the design, launch, commercialization and maintenance of Genetic Identity products.
New Product Development
1. Assists Product Managers with product launches. At request of Product Manager, performs kit inspections. Prepare launch binders, focus cards, weekly web bulletin communication. Update internal websites to ensure appropriate product information is available to global sales channels.
2. Assist Product Manager in training the Sales, Technical and Distributors by coordination and preparation of training materials.
3. Assist Product Manager with the alpha test plans by coordination of alpha testers, gathering and compiling feedback, and communicating this feedback to the Product Manager and Product Development Team.
4. Assist Product Manager with post-launch review and evaluation of product performance. Gathers financial data, customer feedback and other input for the post-launch review.
5. Prepares customer notifications at the direction of the Product Manager.
6. Provides Product Manager with financial data (revenues; COGS; etc.) on products.
7. Assist Product Manager with product discontinuation process.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assists Global Strategic Marketing and/or Product Managers in identifying strengths and weaknesses of competitors, and compiling competitive information on regular basis.
2. May help provide input and support on New Product Realization projects for new product platforms or major strategic initiatives.
3. May be required to interact with customers and the Sales organization to gain input on product concepts or to present technical information on products and portfolios.
4. Provide customer-facing presentations or webinars describing technical capabilities of product and customer benefits.
5. Under guidance of the Global Strategic Marketing Manager or Product Managers, author articles in cooperation with technical experts (both internal and external) for publication in internal or third-party journals or websites.
6. Technical representation at various conferences/vendor shows, workshops and seminars, may require travel.
7. Travel with Global Sales to gather customer information and/or present product information.
1. B.S./M.S./PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related area.
2. Minimum of 3 years' lab experience in molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein biochemistry.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey both technical and marketing information.
4. Team player with good interpersonal skills.
5. Highly motivated self-starter with strong bias for action result-orientation; tackles tough problems with firm deadlines.
6. Communicate and negotiate effectively with several levels of co-workers and external contacts, both in writing and verbally. Adapts style and approach to suit different audiences.
7. Build rapport and gains support/commitment.
8. Effectively and efficiently prioritize multiple projects and resources based on an awareness of business goals and priorities in a rapidly advancing market.
1. Previous industry related experience in Product/Marketing Management, Technical Services and/or Sales.
2. Market research fundamentals including objectives, question formulation, methodology (surveys, focus groups, etc).
3. Preferred experience working with international branch or distributor marketing organization to effect global product launch, positioning and promotion.
4. Understanding product life cycle and application to product portfolio.
5. Business fundamentals in strategy, financial analysis and planning, including SWOT analyses and problem solving, analysis, recommendation and action plans.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment and basic software (preparing documents, email, scheduling).
3. Ability to travel.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED