Product Support Engineer Infor Global Solutions, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product Support Engineer
USA, Malvern, PA
Monday, April 15, 2013
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Product Support Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Malvern, PA
JOB SUMMARY: Provides application and technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone and/or Internet. Support includes functional analysis, program analysis, testing and debugging to resolve customer reported issues. Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer in a highly team oriented environment. Conveys customer feedback to product development staff. Possesses working knowledge of assigned product and basic knowledge of operating environments. Operates under general supervision. Typically reports to the Manager, Support Operations. Requires 3 to 5 years of relevant product experience.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Resolves clients' questions or problems over the telephone or Internet focusing on product installation, setup, configuration and operating environments, as well as complex product functionality.
* This position will serve in both a technical and functional capacity for Support of a complex ERP product, as well as several complimentary components of the Infor technology suite.
* Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer and documents incidents in required tracking systems.
* Proactively keeps customer informed of how and when problems are resolved with focus on retention and reference ability.
* Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting including remote desktop viewing through tools such as Webex or Skype.
* Able to handle high volume of issues and some challenging issues independently but is responsible for appropriate referral to other support analysts.
* Continues to develop application knowledge in specific product suite and operating environment and technologies.
* Conveys customer feedback to product development staff.
* Responsible for being the liaison with Development and other depts., i.e. Infor Consulting Services, Finance, etc., to insure proper handling of customer issues.
* Participates in special projects and takes on special assignments and/or teaches other Analysts installation procedures, features of products, etc.
* Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users and team.
* Foster teamwork and collaboration across all teams
* Assists less experienced Analyst and serves as a resource for others as needed.
* Contributes information to the Support knowledge base.
* Manages workload effectively following Global Support Procedures to ensure successful completion of tasks.
* Provides accurate accounting of work and time allocation.
* Responsible for meeting or exceeding established customer satisfaction ratings and other KPIs
* Identify possible improvements related to work processes and tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in business or computer science or has experience in functional area i.e. Accounting, Purchasing, Receiving, or relevant Customer Service or ERP experience.
* Prior experience in related industry or software/technical support
* Possesses working knowledge of assigned product and
* Advanced knowledge of operating environments and modern PC and server technology.
* Advanced problem solving and analytic skills.
* Possesses full understanding of industry practices as well as Global Support Procedures.
* Good writing and editing skills
* Excellent communications skills.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service/orientation skills.
* Solid PC skills with knowledge of various software applications used for testing, troubleshooting, call logging, etc.
* Strong organizational skills required to insure most effective and timely delivery of service to clients.
* Possess ability to both multi-task and manage priorities effectively.
* Flexibility required to work outside defined role.
* Command of the English language to be able to provide oral and written communication that effectively articulates complex ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend
||Malvern, IA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED