Production Scientist 4- Protein Purification and Validation Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This individual will manufacture and quality test components/kits and support new product transfers within the product area.
1. Develops plans, goals, and milestones for projects in areas of responsibility. Implements experimental design, performs analysis of project specific data, and uses scientific and technical resources to recommend solutions and solve problems. Analyzes operational and cost impacts of process/product improvements. Identifies/solicits internal or external people to solve problems, supports accomplishment of project/team goals. Monitors progress of projects and leads team to meet objectives and effectively communicates team/project goals through presentations and reports.
2. Participate in multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams by providing information and technical support to meet team goals. Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing and QC processes. When necessary, seeks assistance to meet production-planning needs, coordinates production planning in multiple product areas.
3. Independently manufacture a variety of components for the product lines so as to meet product specifications. Plans production schedules to assure on-time delivery of products.
4. Write, review and revise, as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by procedures and policies.
5. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. Responds to customer complaints and makes recommendations for QA hold/product recall and for quality improvements.
6. Follow existing procedures and policies for data recording and record keeping. Document results of QC assays by preparation of technical reports including graphic representations of data.
7. Review and update technical literature for the products in the area of responsibility. Keeps current with new technologies and designs experiments to solve technical problems.
8. Interact with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
2. Participate in production group meetings and projects.
3. Represent functional production area in interdepartmental meetings.
1. BS degree, or equivalent, in scientific discipline with 6+ years postgraduate lab experience; MS or higher degree in scientific discipline or equivalent with 4+ years post-graduate lab experience.
2. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to manage several projects and/or products or keep several assays going simultaneously. Ability to effectively work on many priorities at one time, which change frequently.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team. Team/project leadership experience.
6. Experience with computers or a willingness to learn so as to track inventory and to use programs applicable to this work.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience using the molecular, cell, or biochemical assays and reagents as required for the specific position. This may include the following: in vitro translation extracts, nucleic acid purification and quantitation, etc.
2. Experience with high-throughput (clinical assays) assays.
3. Experience with nucleic acid purification and quantitation.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO, TQM, SPC, or cGMP.
5. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data. Microsoft Word, Lotus and Excel experience.
6. Experience in manufacturing, R&D, or Quality Assurance. Experience qualifying vendors and suppliers.
7. Experience with radioisotope (including 3H, 14C, 35S, and 32P) assays, handling, and record keeping, or a willingness to learn proper radioisotope handling and record keeping.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench or fume hood for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED