Professional Services Manager - West Coast or East Coast Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Location: West or East Coast
We're looking for a 'Leader' who will be responsible for the management, oversight and ownership for the successful completion of consuntling engagements delievered to our cusotmer base. You will be responsible for the designated geography with in the Professional Services practice including management and growth of the services business, organization and subsequently help drice license sales.
The Professional Services Manager will be closely aligned with our sales team in the respective geography to foster relationships, develop, sell and deliver solutions to our customers. The Practice Manager will set clear objectives for personnel, develop an innovative practice providing thought leadership in the industry, as well as, develop the go-to-market strategies and offerings that will drive growth in market share and revenue. You will ensure successful engagements, maintain high customer satisfaction, and drive adherence to key operational and financial metrics.
Responsibilities: I want and can do that:
- Recruit, lead, manage, mentor, and professionally develop a practice of best in class technical delivery consultants. This includes on-boarding of new consultants and continued enablement (soft and technical skills) to drive delivery excellence
- Participate in the pre-sales process with our sales organization and sales engineers and client architects to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions
- Develop and approve project proposals including scope (SOW), identify resource needs, and propose schedules for our customers to meet their goals and timelines
- Work collaboratively with the Professional Services team to create and enhance our services offerings
- Maintain and project a solid understanding of all Splunk products
- Guide our customers in architecture discussions, whiteboard sessions and walking through scenarios on how to leverage Splunk while utilizing best practices
- Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues and help them work through obstacles
- Ensure success of consultants on consulting engagements while focusing on long-term practice goals
- Provide management oversight and escalation path to customers to ensure customer success while team members are delivering Splunk services projects
- Create an environment which encourages consultants to spend time documenting methodologies and best practices on deploying Splunk in order to further enhance the value of our solutions, as well as, enabling other Splunk employees and our consulting partners
Requirements: I've already done that!
- 7+ years of relevant IT industry experience
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services project manager, consultant or engineer, preferably with a software company consulting organization or â€œBig 5â€ firm
- 5 + years leading and motivating a consultant team
- Strong organizational and management skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- MUST have experience with software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development of complex distributed systems environments
- Experience with contract management and SOW negotiation
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and experience building teams
- Effective and clear communication with services partners, channel and Professional Services Managers
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency. Ability to meet SLAs and aggressive deadlines.
- Self-motivated, independent and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with partner community and fellow Splunkers
- Able to analyze, develop and deploy internal processes
- Travel required: 30%-50%
- We're looking to hire someone for the West Coast and someone for the East Coast
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in CIS, CS, Engineering or similar degree preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,500 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED