Quality Assurance Engineer Craftsy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Company Description:
Craftsy.com is a Denver-based start-up at the intersection of online education, social communities, and e-commerce. We produce HD-quality classes in quilting, sewing, knitting, cake decorating, and more. The Craftsy platform enables passionate crafters around the world to learn from expert instructors ? anywhere, any time ? and to easily interact with instructors and classmates as they do. Learn it, make it, and even share it on Craftsy.com, by posting projects for inspiration and feedback or selling in our free-to-list indie patterns marketplace. Just over a year old, with 100+ classes and over one million users, Craftsy is already a leader in the online education space ? and there?s so much more to come!
Craftsy is looking for a highly analytical, self-directed, and detail-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join its Product team. This engineer will report to the VP of Product, and play a key role at the hub of the engineering development process. The QA Engineer is responsible for leading company software, compatibility and device testing efforts, to include testing, analysis and verification of software applications and data to ensure conformity to company quality standards , business requirements, and Product team specifications.
- Own QA testing process and strategy for mobile and web products.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to maintain a detailed understanding of company products and formulate testing strategies and solutions.
- Develop and deploy test procedures for our consumer-facing web and mobile products.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to understand product business requirements, architecture and technology.
- Triage test execution results and validate against expected product functionality.
- Document bugs, and coordinate with Product team to maintain a prioritized bug pipeline.
- Build and maintain automation test scripts used during Development and QA cycles.
- Build and execute thorough manual tests to maintain product integrity and reliability.
- Proven track record working independently and taking initiative to resolve QA challenges.
- Proven exceptional communication and critical thinking skills.
- Proven success executing testing strategies for Web-based software product.
- Experience with mobile QA environments and development process (Android SDK, iOS SDK).
- Experience writing automation scripts preferred.
- Basic expertise in object-oriented test design using open source tools (eg. Selenium, Chrome developer tools), preferred.
- Familiar with testing strategies for Social Network (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) integrations.
- Knowledge of relational databases and experience with SQL preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shift in focus.
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, and unlimited vacation/sick time
Position reports to: VP of Product
Craftsy is conveniently located in LoHi, with easy access to downtown, the Cherry Creek/Platte River bike path and I-25.
To be considered for the position: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you're interested in this position, your relevant experience, and some short and/or long-term career objectives (in other words, what do you think you can gain from this position as it relates to your personal and professional goals?)
||Denver, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED