R&D Associate - Marketer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
R&D Associate - Marketer
R&D | Austin, TX, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
The R&D department at Demand Media is seeking a R&D Associate to join their unique team. As a R&D Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on special projects before their rollout. This position requires someone with both creativity and flexibility. The role largely involves writing and transcribing as well as working with the team to plan how to scale the roll out of new products and projects.
An ideal candidate is someone who writes naturally, has a keen attention to detail, and will do what it takes to get it right. This person will need to meet deadlines while moving fluidly from one project to another. Past projects have included branding, marketing, writing, data research, preparation for executive presentations, spreadsheet management, and development of IPad, IPhone, and Android applications.
- Track metrics for on-going projects
- Plan and organize data collection for new projects
- Research for early-project planning
- Creatively move through obstacles and present multiple solutions
- Support team's multiple deadlines as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Digital Media Management, or related
- Deep familiarity with the internet and social media
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Familiarity with formulas and functions in Excel (medium-expert level preferred)
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a small group setting with minimal direction
- Must be highly-motivated, a quick learner, and able to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work at a fast pace on ever-changing projects
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Demand has offices worldwide, but our Austin office is a particularly great place to work. Among our amenities:
- Natural writer and grammarian
- Basic understanding of SEO and search engines
- Familiarity with online marketing and social media campaign management
- Knowledge of online ad placement and metrics tools
What we Offer:
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, sodas, and coffee
- Fun diversions (Margarita Fridays, on-site game room, parties, movie screenings)
- Walking distance to Home Slice, Doc's Motor works, Guerros, and other South Congress delights
- Smart, fun people
- Flexible schedules
About Us: Demand Media, Inc. (NYSE: DMD) is a leading digital media company that informs and entertains one of the internet's largest audiences, helps advertisers find innovative ways to engage with their customers and enables publishers to expand their online presence. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Demand Media has offices in North America, South America and Europe. For more information about Demand Media, please visit www.demandmedia.com.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, vision, company-matched 401(k), ESPP, and other benefits
- Energetic, focused, and collaborative work environment
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED