Research Analyst, Agro Innovation Lux Research
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Agro Innovation -- Research Analyst (Boston-based)
Lux Research is seeking candidates for a Research Analyst opening in our Agro Innovation vertical. Analysts are the bedrock of the Lux Research team, conducting the primary and secondary research that powers the firms' research reports and consulting engagements. Analysts spend most of their time conducting primary research interviews with executives, researchers, and thought leaders; chasing down data points; analyzing quantitative data; devising creative ways to present data and ideas visually; and helping manage the operations of a rapidly-growing, geographically-dispersed team. Analysts take on significant client-facing responsibilities commensurate with their experience and growth. Analysts within our Agro Innovation practice will be required to cover and advise on emerging technologies across the agricultural value chain including agro-genomics, genetically modified crops, advanced breeding, precision agriculture, next generation fertilizers and pesticides, equipment, sensors and control, as well as market dynamics surrounding regulations, geopolitics and policy. Adoption of such innovations will impact the global food security in a major way over the first half of this century.
- Work with a team of expert Analysts and Senior Analysts to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients surrounding both the technological and market aspects of the agricultural industry.
- Conduct primary interviews for written emerging technology research reports, including developing and executing sets of interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Conduct extensive secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Produce written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Manage client deliverables and interactions.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies related to the agricultural industries.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among government agencies and non-profit organizations concerned with food security.
- Support Lux Research's business development team through targeted product positioning and proof of capability demonstrations.
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum Bachelor's degree and five years of work experience in the agriculture or biotech industry. Preferred is an advanced degree and two years of work experience in the agriculture, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related services industries. Degrees should be in a demonstrably-relevant science or engineering domain like biology, genetics, agriculture, genomics etc.
Deep intellectual curiosity about agricultural, genomics, and biotech technologies.
Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet. A good sense of humor is a major plus.
Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
A strong record of academic achievement.
Excellent written and spoken command over English. Fluency in one or more foreign languages is a big plus.
Excellent office software skills (expertise in Excel is highly desired) and ability to touch type.
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED