Research Technician (Ithaca & Rochester, NY) Novomer
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Research Technician (Ithaca & Rochester, NY)
We are looking for a high energy, highly motivated individual to work in Novomer's Ithaca, NY and Rochester, NY offices.
The Research Technician is responsible for the synthesis of organic compounds and polymers in support of the project teams. Typical reaction volumes will be between 0.1 and 20 liters. In addition, the technician is responsible for conducting experiments, collecting and analyzing data on samples within his/her scientific discipline. The technician will work in collaboration with senior chemists or engineers, to prioritize projects to meet the agreed to milestones. The technician will also document work as appropriate in the form of technical reports or SOPs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Execution of experiments in support of individual projects or requisite tasks
- Synthesis, isolation and analysis of chemicals and polymers from the gram to kilogram scale
- Collaboration with Senior Scientists/Chemists, Analytical Chemists and Project Leaders
- Participates in all lab specific activities including Environmental, Health and Safety
- Analyze samples as needed
- Maintain accurate records
- Proficiency in standard organic chemistry laboratory techniques and practices
- Proven record in managing research projects with aggressive timelines and varying degrees of complexity
- Ability to work in project teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects with demonstrated flexibility
- Excellent record keeping and communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in kilogram scale chemistry, operating/monitoring automated laboratory reactors and/or conducting statistical experimental designs
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to the Human Resource Department at
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- Minimum of 2 years lab or industrial experience
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. Applicants who do not indicate they have the necessary work authorization will not be considered.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED