RF Product Engineering Consultant Impinj
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
RF Product Engineering Consultant
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Participate as a member of the design engineering team. Responsible for transferring and releasing new RFID reader products to manufacturing.
- Participate in schematic and PCB reviews of new RFID reader products.
- Review design documentation â€" BOM, assembly, mechanical or other drawings.
- Perform RF characterization of pre-production product samples.
- Coordinate and support qualification and regulatory testing of new RFID reader products with 3rd party vendors.
- Review and release drawings and documentation to contract manufacturers via ECN process.
- Identify, select, and qualify mechanical or PCB sub-contractors.
- Develop production test plans and validate test stations for release.
- Provide engineering and sustaining support to contract manufacturers during production ramp.
- BS engineering degree with at least 10 years of industry experience, including responsibility as a product engineer.
- RF system and circuit knowledge, experience in development and testing of UHF radio products.
- Experience using RF test equipment; include spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and power meters.
- Knowledge with FCC and ETSI regulatory testing and certification process.
- Experience with PCB SMT and high level assembly via contract manufacturers.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with Linux or C# programming.
- Experience using Arena Solutions (or other) BOM control systems.
Apply To This Job
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Impinj, Inc. is the leading provider of UHF RFID solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating items. Impinj's GrandPrix- technology platform is the most comprehensive and widely adopted in our industry. The GrandPrix platform's key elements are Monza tag chips, Indy reader chips, and Speedway readers and subsystems. RFID systems built on the GrandPrix platform deliver real-time information about tagged items, thereby enabling applications and analytics designed to improve business decisions and enhance consumer experience. Leading retail, apparel, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, t
> 50M RaisedInvestors: ARCH Venture Partners
, Madrona Venture Group
, Mobius Venture Capital
, Physic Ventures
, Polaris Partners
, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund All Jobs: at Impinj
|Headquarters:||701 North 34th Street|
Seattle, WA 98103
|Company Profile:||Impinj focuses exclusively on UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID (radio-frequency identification) solutions. UHF RFID enables writing individualized information to and reading information from tagged items without line of sight, at longer range, higher speed, lower cost, and with more automation than any competing technology. Impinj embraces the global industry standard for UHF RFID, called UHF Gen 2, which we extend through our leadership in the standards-setting process and enhance with our proprietary technologies and deep domain expertise. UHF Gen 2 systems are ideally suited for high-volume, item-level applications that require low-cost consumable tags, such as retail inventory management, pharmaceutical authentication, and airline baggage tracking.
Impinj was founded on technology developed by Dr. Carver Mead and Dr. Chris Diorio that enables low power, programmable, minimum-size analog circuits. Semiconductor visionary Dr. Mead was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2003 and has founded more than twenty companies in his professional career. The driving force behind the UHF Gen 2 standard and winner of the RFID Journal Live Special Achievement award in 2011 for those efforts, Dr. Diorio is Chairman and CTO of Impinj and also an Associate Professor at the University of Washington. He has personally revolutionized using RFID in applications from supply-chain to pharmaceuticals.
Impinj, founded in May 2000, is privately held and has raised over 110 million in funding. Investors include ARCH Venture Partners, Alliance Bernstein, Cipio Partners, GF Private Equity, Inventec Appliances Corporation, LS Industrial Systems Co. Ltd., Madrona Venture Group, Mobius Venture Capital, Polaris Venture Partners, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, Venture Tech Alliance, Viterbi Group, and YFY Group.|
Support Impinj with Social Media services