Rich Data Engineer: Python + Postgres Stride Health, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Motivated and talented data engineers: we're looking for a data engineer with the right stuff to help us shape the future of Stride. We've built massive data sets, custom analytical tools, and a suite of algorithms which are poised to change the way consumers buy and use health plans. Come be part of the team that is enabling consumers to make decisions about their health coverage and health care in a way that is actually useful and unlike anything they've ever experienced before.
As our resident data engineer, you'll be focused on ensuring our data sets are the richest, cleanest, and most actionable in the digital health space. You'll be a core part of our Engineering team, and charged with integrating key datasets into our product experience, with responsibilities that span from collection through normalization and integration into our production data systems.
- Own the flow between our core data sources and our end-user product experience
- Develop methods and code to collect, review, clean, and normalize third party data
- Reconcile new data for updates and consistency with existing records
- Develop specifications and methods for the integration of new data sources
- Transform and aggregate data for both product integration and analytics purposes
- Develop and automate business intelligence and quality assurance reporting
- Write test and benchmarking code
- Work with a collaborative and agile engineering team to define technical requirements and development roadmaps
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3-6 years working in an Engineering or Data Analytics team for a software or product company
- Experience managing large data sets in a high-performance production environment
- Real-world software development experience with Python, including asynchronous/concurrent, ORMs, and event-driven processing techniques
- In-depth knowledge of industry best-practices for data modeling and warehousing
- Deep experience with both relational database systems (Postgres) and NoSQL systems (CouchDB, Riak, or MongoDB), including experience with replication and clustering
- Experience optimizing queries and scaling SQL solutions
- Deep experience working within a Linux operating and development environment
- Strong attention to detail and a dedication to ensuring data precision and integrity
Cherries on top:
- Familiarity with PostGIS, geocoding, and fuzzy string matching methods
- Experience developing with statistical software (SciPy, NumPy, R), business intelligence tools (ETL, Aggregation), or data visualization software (D3)
- Experience with writing map-reduce programs and large-scale parallel data analysis with Hadoop/PIG.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED