Sales Operations Senior Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Sales Operations Senior Manager
As the Sales Operations Senior Manager at Splunk you will be responsible for managing and driving efficient sales processes. You will optimize all sales activities, and align to processes and systems. You'll play a key role in the development, implementation and analysis of sales programs. With limited supervision and direction you will drive results and set priorities independently, demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others. You will work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties and act as a subject matter expert.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop foundational policies and processes, and ensure consistent adoption as the sales ecosystem is developed and expanded around the world to meet Splunk Strategies.
System Tools Management
- Work closely with Finance, Legal and Sales to ensure quotes and orders meet defined criteria for booking and revenue recognition, manage contractual/agreement requirements and influence price list design and maintenance.
- Evaluate and improve existing sales process workflow.
- Liaise cross-functionally for all new initiatives impacting the sales organization.
- Create and document order review processes, approval levels, SLA, etc. working closely with Legal and Finance.
- Train leadership and sales team on new sales techniques, process changes, and tool changes.
- Assist with the communication of important information to the regional sales team during staff meetings, over the phone, and in person.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures.
- Be available to help with operational and non-sales related issues to enable the efficiency of the sales force.
- Coordinate projects and automation initiatives regarding internal systems including CRM, Quote-to-Order and Compensation applications.
- Prepare requirements documents with input from team and assist in prioritization and internal selling of desired changes to senior management.
- Ensure all timelines are met by the product sales team for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Support Sales Operations VP and team as needed on strategic and tactical projects.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Education: Got it!
- 10 + years' experience in a sales or sales operations role in an enterprise software company
- Ability to analyze business opportunities and read situations well. Capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results. Gathers and uses data to inform decision making and persuade others. Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Always focused on doing what's right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Creates an environment where others want to follow. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics.
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Ability to be highly productive with little oversight from senior management.
- Sets goals and drives to their fulfillment. Takes responsibility for their actions and for outcomes related to their actions (or inactions). Wants to be held accountable for successes and failures. Shares the credit and takes the blame.
- Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Location: Ideally San Francisco, but will consider candidates that live near an airport and can travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (or similar)
- MBA/ graduate degree a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,700 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
||Ideally San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED