The Salesforce Solution Developer will interface directly with business users and the Enterprise Business Systems Analysts to understand and document business requirements, define solution architecture, create technical specifications/ documents, design, develop and implement solutions focused on the Salesforce platform to meet business needs.
The role requires an open communication style and collaborative manner. Someone in this position must lead by example, being both customer-centric and service minded, able to interact with all levels of users (end-users/executives), analysts and technical colleagues creating consensus and clear strategy where appropriate.
- Exemplify clear communication skills â€" in a fast moving environment an excellent, personable communication style is vital to the success of this role.
- Research design and deliver Salesforce solutions for multiple line of business collaborating with analysts and business owners to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Share Salesforce administrative support responsibility with team members, implementing fixes, and minor enhancements as required. This responsibility is shared, and highly collaborative.
- Work with Salesforce's account support teams and internal business groups to rationalize and optimize the Unlimited Edition Salesforce platform, providing and acting upon best practices where required to help our business grow.
- Track and fully document change requests, utilizing change management platforms and change management best practices applying to Salesforce.
- Follow applicable standards, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies in the support, documentation and/or maintenance of systems.
- Perform end user training as well as internal cross training to other team members as necessary.
- 6 + years of hands-on enterprise software development experience. Specific experience developing and consuming web services is a requirement.
- 4 + years of hands-on experience Salesforce Visual Force/Apex programming is required.
- An appropriate Salesforce certification would be advantageous:
o Salesforce Administrator, or Advanced Administration.
o Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer or
o Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Advanced Developer or
o Salesforce.com Certified Technical Architect
- A depth of experience developing in a number of the following areas would be highly desirable:
o Salesforce PRM, Sites, Mobile, Chatter
o Salesforce/SAP integration
o Relational database, web server, and application programming experience (PHP, .Net, C/C++/C#)
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts, both verbally and written.
- Ability to develop technical documentation for training and user procedures.
- Education in BS/MS Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- An open communication style and collaborative manner. Someone in this position must lead by example, being both customer-centric and service minded, able to interact with all levels of users (end-users/executives), analysts and technical colleagues creating consensus and clear strategy where appropriate.
Experience within the High-Tech industry working with business solutions designed to market, sell, support, deliver a high tech product is highly desirable. Work in a channel sales environment would also be helpful.