SE Manager - Any City Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manage a team of Sales Engineers and Client Architects in support of sales to achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead technical role in your region supporting sales activities, actively engaged with key customers and opportunities. Work cross functionally ensuring tight alignment between field sales and other organizations within Splunk.
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Work closely with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure tight alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE's with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Conduct regular 1:1's with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver detailed presentations and briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical POC's;
- Assume ownership of customer success in your region and help resolve any customer satisfaction issues â€" escalating cross functionally when needed;
- Interact with Support, PM and engineering to resolve customer product issues.
- Work closely with your sales leaders to ensure alignment between sales and pre-sales, ensuring that pre-sales is providing the necessary technical support to ensure sales and customer success.
- Provide constant and clear communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Clearly communicate and â€œtranslate the messageâ€ to your team demonstrating Splunk's leadership principles.
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team's effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills â€" written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Ability to work with divers groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance;
- Previous management experience preferred;
- At least 5+ years is a sales engineering capacity.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 600 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 9 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED