Senior Big Data Engineer Lotame Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Lotame Solutions, Inc. is the leading Data Managing Platform (DMP) for integrating and activating audience data. We?re hiring a Sr Big Data Engineer to work in our Columbia, MD office.
If you look forward to the challenge of processing petabytes of data spread across billions of transactions, then our Sr Data Engineer position may be right up your alley. We collect terabytes of new data each day that needs to be processed, transformed and analyzed with our collection of big data tools which include Hadoop, Hive, and others. We process billions of transactions a day, and our customers look to us to turn all of that information into something they can use to drive their businesses. The Sr Data Engineer will be responsible for architecting and implementing data solutions that support both our growth of data and new product features. You will be responsible for not only working with our existing systems and data sets, but also creating and evangelizing new ways to store, manage, and access large amounts of data in next generation data storage technologies.
The day to day:
- Working with the Engineering teams to design and implement highly performant, scalable business solutions that require both relational and non-relational data stores
- Devise new and innovative ways to analyze and expose complex data using cutting edge technologies
- Analyzing and improving the efficiency, reliability and scalability of the data infrastructure
- Working closely with the Operations team to deploy and monitor components in test and production environments
- Designing and implementing new data stores and data flows
- Take part in team scrum meetings to keep other team members up to date with project progress
- 6+ years development experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java
- Production level experience with Hadoop
- Experience with non-relational, next generation data storage technologies such as Cassandra, Hbase, Voldemort and others.
- Ability to communicate clearly through both verbal and written means.
- Experience solving hard problems and analyzing large data sets.
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- A passion for working with data and solving problems related to data
- Expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets
- Experience designing and developing large data processing and analytic systems
- Experience with OLAP and Analytics is a plus
||8850 Stanford Blvd. |
Columbia, MD 21045
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED