Senior Developer Social Context
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Social Context
Social Context is an exciting software start-up in San Francisco that will change the way brands and agencies mine and analyze social data to inform marketing and product decisions. Our product allows affordable, simple, "anytime" social data research by leveraging human analysis on small sample sets to arrive at accurate and statistically valid insights. Our product offers a new, creative approach to extract insights from huge volumes of often-misinterpreted or even neglected data through an accessible, usable, on-demand research solution that will appeal to a range of company sizes and industries in a quickly-evolving, high-demand market. As such, Social Context is eager to offer its staff an environment filled with opportunity and creativity as we aim to change the way companies perform research.
Social Context is comprised of the following components:
- social data search and retrieval across the entire social media landscape
- ability for users to create and assign (i.e. "tag") fully custom aspects of the conversations retrieved in the sample set
- report generation to visually represent the results of the analysis
Social Context is looking for a smart, entrepreneurial, and driven senior developer to join our team as the first in-house developer at the company. The position will begin as a contract basis with the possibility of evolving into a full time role.
Working with our Product Manager, CEO, and our outsourced design/development firm, you will be involved with strategic technology direction, product direction, and multiple levels of coding from front-end UI to back-end API integrations and database development. You will have a strong voice in feature requirements, design approach, and implementation. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the creation, management, and evolution of the codebase of the core product. As the company grows, you may also help define the approach, staffing, and structure of the technology business unit of the company.
We are an early-stage funded startup, so the responsibilities of the job will change and evolve as the company and business does. At this time, the initial responsibilities are expected to include but not be limited to the following:
- Define the structure of and code the core Social Context product by partnering (as the first in-house developer) with an outsourced design and development team
- Story writing, estimation, test development, and feature development from front end UI to back end integrations and database (full stack)
- Make coding and platform decisions by evaluating what is best for an minimum viable product at various milestones (internal beta, external beta, etc) vs. what is best long term for the company and product, considering scalability along with technical debt and technical risk
- Keep an eye out for the code quality and long-term scalability for all individual components and codebase as authored by the entire development team
- Continual planning and execution for how to scale the platform for growth, load, and feature evolution
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expert-level Rails ecosystem knowledge and experience
- 3+ years production Rails experience
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- Depth and breadth of front-end and back-end application development experience (full stack)
- SaaS development experience
- Search, data, and analytics application development experience
- Agile XP experience, including continuous delivery
- Experience with test-driven development
- Entrepreneurial ability to hit the ground running, figure things out, and make smart decisions even when all inputs are not clear and the the landscape is continually changing
- Proven success making things happen, delivering products, and getting it all done despite risks, challenges, obstacles, time, unknowns, and all odds
- Ability to make and participate in big picture platform direction while also coding individual product components and reviewing the code of other developers
- Passion for programming and building solutions that solve real user needs
- Ability to tackle unknowns and strive for new learning with joy, tenacity, and fortitude
- Ability to demonstrate grace under fire and adapt to changing, messy parameters
- Facile with working in multiple levels of code, from the guts to the glory
- BA/BS in Computer Science or commensurate technical degree
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and cooperation skills
- Bonus: Knowledge of social media and social data aggregation
If you think you've got what it takes to be our first in-house developer, we want to hear from you. Get int touch and tell us why you are the perfect fit! Please include information on past projects to demonstrate how your experience, skill, and personality are the right match to this position. Please also let us know your availability and desired hourly rate.
This is a contract position based in San Francisco which could evolve into a full-time position.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Social Context is an exciting software start-up in San Francisco that will change the way brands and agencies mine and analyze social data to inform marketing and product decisions. Our product allows affordable, simple, "anytime" social data research by leveraging human analysis on small sample sets to arrive at accurate and statistically valid insights. Our product offers a new, creative approach to extract insights from huge volumes of often-misinterpreted or even neglected data through an accessible, usable, on-demand research solution that will appeal to a range of company sizes and indus
Product Development Angel Investors: Various All Jobs: at Social Context
Support Social Context with Social Media services