Senior Development Operations Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Your job is to understand the daily activities of our development teams and constantly think about ways to make them more efficient. This includes:
The ideal candidateWhat drives your work?
- Listening to individuals across development, understanding their activities, and constantly thinking about ways to make it more efficient
- Searching for suitable software and tools
- Making recommendations
- Purchasing software
- Install, configure and administrate tools with support from our Information Technology and Systems department
- Giving presentations about the software tools
- Documenting your work
- Finding ways to provide training materials
- Being the software system administrator and expert for JIRA, including:
- Designing and implementing workflows
- Building custom plugins
- Identifying and deploying 3rd party plugins
- System administrator systems like Confluence, Mediawiki, GitHub, Perforce, Nexus
- Lead projects across Development, Information Technology, and Information Systems
- You will scale your job by encouraging organizational learning and self-sufficient teams
- You will encounter challenging, novel situations every day, and work with just about every other engineering team and department at Guidewire
- You will be looked upon as an expert and advocate to fellow engineers
- More than a paycheck, you love your work and want to maximize your positive impact on the people in an organization.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related technical field. (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Solid communication skills
- 1 year of experience at a small startup company or a startup-type team
- 1 year of software system administration experience
- 1 year leading a project to accomplish a goal
- Do it yourself experience with Linux and Windows
- You have served as an expert in 1 or more areas at a company
You should meet about 8 of the following 12 requirements:
- 1 year in project lead or similar role
- 1 year in tech support or similar role
- 1 year in quality assurance or similar role
- 1 year coding software using object-oriented techniques (in order of preference, Java, .Net, C++, Python, other)
- 1 year hosting software as a service
- 1 year as a doc writer, or otherwise extensively documenting your work
- Experience troubleshooting web browser experiences: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- Experience with Linux and Windows as an administrator
- Experience with Linux systems requiring the use of scripting languages like Python, Perl, or Shell
- Experience with Windows and Mac/Linux as desktops
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum as a user
- You have built your own product or service which is/was used by 10 or more people. This could be internal or external
We don't expect someone to match this exactly, but the ideal candidate will have this kind of breadth of experience:
- 2 years of experience running and building a 2-3 person technical support organization
- 2 years of being the only QA for a 4 person development team
- 3 years of experience on a 2 person team hosting software as a service for 80+ customers
- 4 years of experience building a customer facing product from scratch, deploying it to 20 customers, and supporting it.
- 4 years of platform development using object-oriented techniques in VB.Net and VBscript
- 1 year of experience writing an 80 page user guide to be used by over 300 customers.
- 1 years of experience building a test infrastructure to automate deployment and running of automated tests
- 1 years of experience leading a team of two to run those tests automatically across a large swath of servers.
- 1 year of experience preparing a merge of a QA department into a Development (Coding) department.
- 7 years of experience serving as an expert on JIRA, even though it wasn't your job.
- 2 years building and supporting a tool that is used by 200 developers. The tool is part of a customer facing solution, which you built the first fully functional version of.
- 4 years of experience doing platform level JAVA Enterprise development
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services