Senior Globalization QA Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software is looking to hire a Senior QA Engineer to join the Globalization team and help test the internationalization capabilities of Guidewire's web-based enterprise applications as part of a collaborative, fast-paced team.
At Guidewire, product teams use Agile programming techniques, such as test-driven development, continuous integration and testing, and story-based iterative development to build better software and to build software in a better way. The Senior Globalization QA Engineer will collaborate with developers and other QA engineers in various product teams. As with core QA engineers, in this role we are looking for a critical thinker - someone who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and determine comprehensive, meaningful ways to test the internationalization robustness of our products. We place a high value on exploratory testing - testers spend the bulk of their time in the application finding issues based on an educated awareness of both specific requirements and customer's expectations. Testers partner with development, giving continual feedback and working together to improve automated test coverage. We expect the Senior Globalization QA Engineer to integrate easily into this type of environment.
Our culture encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy.
Work closely with Globalization engineering to understand the internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) capabilities of Guidewire's products. On the basis of this understanding and previous globalization experience:
- Engage with the different development teams and lead the effort to plan i18n testing across all applications to capture and fix i18n problems during development.
- Advise on the creation of globalization test plans and manual test cases and suggest ways to automate i18n testing and achieve continuous i18n regression with suites set up to go through different languages and locales.
- Carry out systematic exploratory testing to verify i18n functionality and generate â€œglobal-readinessâ€ reports. Help developers reproduce i18n errors found and support them in fixing those defects.
- Help product and platform teams incorporate some of the knowledge gained in i18n exploratory testing for improvements in i18n product testing on future product releases.
- Collaborate with product QA teams to dynamically resolve any l10n or i18n issues that may come up during language pack acceptance testing.
Work within the Globalization team to understand how language packs are built and tested in order to:
- Spearhead the automation of localized product testing in multiple locales and database environments.
- Define processes to test the upgrade of language packs with different configurations.
- Create consistent smoke tests to be applied prior to sending language packs to product QA teams.
- Implement quality improvements in building and deploying test instances accessible by localization vendors.
- Define quality assurance processes and lead the testing effort on Guidewire's internal globalization tools.
- Track and maintain globalization bug status and metrics.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering as well as 7+ years of software globalization testing/globalization test development background.
Experience writing automated tests (not just record/playback) or programming experience with Java or an equivalent object-oriented language is a must.
We are particularly interested in globalization testing experience with complex enterprise applications and demonstrable ability to acquire product knowledge quickly, analyze global-readiness effectively and develop systems to improve globalization quality.
The successful candidate is a self-starter with proven leadership experience in the area of quality assurance and globalization. He/She will be expected to effectively reach outside the globalization team to the whole development organization. Excellent oral and written communication skills and a track record in working collaboratively across teams are essential.
Knowledge of at least one language other than English is strongly preferred.
Guidewire Software is a public enterprise software product development company, focused on servicing the $1.5 trillion property and casualty insurance industry. Our enterprise suite of software products enable large carriers worldwide to efficiently run their high volume, complex and mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
As the #1 provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat out our competitors such as Accenture and SAP 9 times out of 10.
Our success can be directly attributed to our bright and talented employees who make it all happen. So if you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that has its sights set on grabbing significant market share in a $1.5 trillion industry, then Guidewire is the place for you.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services