Senior/Lead Software Engineer Mac OS X IMVU
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 100 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 3 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA. IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?
- Extend and maintain our Mac OS client application
- Contribute code as part of a small, smart, dynamic, agile team
- Take pride in the quality of your work, continuously deploying test-driven code, delighting customers and making a difference every day
- Voice opinions about the product and the direction of the company. We look for people who are superlative at coding and communicating with humans
- A deep passion for Mac OS X programming. You can describe the difference between NSWindow and NSView
- Capable of making significant contributions to large systems and able to confidently debug a million-line C++ codebase
- Affinity for agile software development, continuous deployment, and test driven development
- Proficient in navigating & resolving deep technical issues independently
- Lifelong learner. Constantly experimenting and iterating. Energetic. Pragmatic. Gets things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help
- Made a significant contribution to a large-scale web application
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application
- Shipped MMOs or other online games
- Hacked the DOM and wrangled consistent multi-browser UIs
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)
- Experience in or with Web/OpenGL, erlang, node.js, Git, iPhone, Android, or NoSQL
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We'd like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||Mountain View, CA 94041 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED