Senior Linux/Unix Administrator Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is THE leading network security company. Our market is the network security market and consists of enterprises, government entities, and service providers. It is an $11Bn market globally. Our next-generation network security solutions safely enable applications, prevent threats, simplify network security infrastructure, and reduce costs. They do so at high speed and with great flexibility.
As a Senior Linux/Unix Administrator, you will be supporting a LINUX environment by working with engineers and other business units to come up with solutions around expanding IT needs.
The right candidate will possess critical thinking and effective troubleshooting skills with ability to quickly and accurately determine source of a problem, identify possible solutions, select the most appropriate solution, and implement the solution in a timely manner. This role includes on call rotation with other administrators as needed.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in technical operations as a Linux system administrator with detailed knowledge of how Linux works
- Rock-solid Linux systems administration around: troubleshooting, automatic scheduling, monitoring (Nagios, SolarWinds etc.), system configuration, tuning and optimization, performance analysis, backups and recovery
- Expertise in Perl and shell scripting. Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Strong experience in the following technologies: Web servers, Mail/SMTP (Postfix, sendmail), DNS/Bind
- Experience with Big Data! Hadoop, HDFS is plus
- Experience with Datacenter deployments
- X86 Server hardware switches, firewalls, load balancers
- Basic SQL skills (PL/SQL) and relational database administration experience (MySQL)
- This role includes on call rotation with other administrators as needed
Desired Skills & Beneficial Experience:
- Monitoring tools: Nagios and other tools
- Knowledge of Email Deliverability, Amazon web services, DNS blacklists, whitelisting and email protocols
- Familiarity with Java/JDK, Netapp (NFS)
- Networking Experience - network monitoring, routing, load Balancing, firewalls
- Virtualization basics: Xen and VMware
- Strong dedication, work ethic, sense of teamwork, and professional attitude
- Proven history of constantly striving for improved methodology, efficiency, and work processes
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED