Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Senior Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering Group will be responsible for managing the development, selection, implementation & optimization of a growing team of Quality Engineers, improving existing tools and develop effective and creative approaches to quality management.
- The SQE Manager will be responsible for managing and develop a growing team of Quality Engineers, improve existing tools and develop effective and creative approaches to quality management in an extremely intense, fast paced and innovative environment.
- Organize, monitor and support a team of SQE in their activity.
- Identify and focus on critical issues, effectively bring value and structure on critical issues.
- During the advanced quality planning phase: participates in key design reviews and acts as a program manager to make sure that the organization is synchronized with the different NPI activities ongoing.
- During the industrialization phases follows the qualification process, PPAPs, interacts with key suppliers to solve quality problems.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Background in manufacturing and design environment.
- Overall 15+ years of experience and at least 5+ years of experience occupying a similar position in an industrial environment, strong preference for an Automotive OEM or major Tier 1 supplier.
- A deep knowledge of Quality Systems, Processes and Methodologies is a must have.
- Ability to be agile with employment of statistical methods.
- The candidate should show a structured, data driven mindset and problem solving attitude.
- Organized, with a good balance between delegation and capacity to deep dive into tactical issues when required.
- Uses the escalation path appropriately to raise awareness on critical problems to the upper management.
- Has a deep understanding of product technologies and manufacturing processes for Mechanical commodities including plastic moldings, machined and die-cast metal components, Stamped components.
- Experience with high standards in cosmetic requirements would be a plus (Chrome, Lacquer or Paint finish,).
- Possess a high level of motivation, a clear sense of urgency and persistence towards accomplishing goals, analytical thinking to anticipate on changing business, project and supplier needs
- Experience working in a complex and fast paced environment
- Remains very lucid under pressure and is comfortable with ambiguity and pressure.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.