Senior Network Engineer Critical Mention
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
At Critical Mention, the culture is customer-first. The products are disruptive and prospects are consistently wowed by them. Our current and future clients include every organization that gets media coverage, whether it?s on TV, online news sites, blogs, social media or forums -- from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups, no matter the industry or vertical.
Critical Mention is a great place to work, where you?ll be surrounded and supported by like-minded colleagues in a new, modern office, supported by innovative marketing, technology and talent. We also rented a summer beach house for staff to use on Fire Island, have beer delivered for the team to celebrate Friday afternoon's arrival, and encourage office ping pong games once the day's work has been put to bed. Oh, we're also profitable and growing at a rate of 40% this year. If you are looking for a fun and engaging experience, we look forward to hearing from you
Life and Accident Insurance
Medical and Dependent Care FSA
Employee Assistance Program
Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time
The Engineer's role is to architect and provide high quality design, implementation, and operational services to a large NYC data center, several hundred remote US (via IPSEC on Cisco ASA), a few International sites (via IPSEC on Cisco ASA), two NYC office locations, and future sites.
The network environment includes Cisco Routers, ASAs w/IPSEC tunnels, Nexus, Switches and complimenting UNIX services for Load Balancing, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Firewalls, directories and auth. The data center and remote site environments are primarily UNIX/Linux; the office environments are Windows against UNIX/Linus w/Samba serving as domain controllers. The office user?s desktops range from Linux, MAC, and Windows OS machines. The business environment is fast pasted with priority on time to market.
The engineer is required to sustain and maintain the health of all environments through design, monitoring, maintenance and knowledge transfer to first responding groups.
- Provide support during both business and off business hours (as needed)
- Monitoring, Alerting, and responding to network incidents.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring to desktop and operations teams
- Responsible for the technical review / approval of network level changes and implementation of the most complex changes
- Work with other technical groups to help delivery of business critical projects
- Obtain and Maintain sufficient familiarity with business / application / systems requirements
- Validate, create and/or update network infrastructure documentation
- Inventory, validate or produce detailed design documentation of physical and logical designs and configurations and implementation of these configurations.
- Senior/expert knowledge of IPSEC, BGP, Cisco routers, switches, DNS, load balancing and security concepts
- Min. 5yrs experience as a Network Engineer in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Strong scripting
- - Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Minimum of Cisco CCNP qualification with CCDA and CCDP preferred
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
||1776 Broadway |
New York, NY 10019
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED