Senior Performance Engineer - Big data Technologies (Hadoop) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We're looking for an innovative performance engineer to ensure that Splunk is fast and scalable for our customers, able to handle a variety of users and loads. This is an opportunity to work with an industry leading team to meet the challenges of scaling a big data system.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Perform performance/scalability testing on our backend search engine
- Define, design, and implement benchmarks to generate metrics giving guidance on system characteristics
- The ideal candidate will have both the ability to create high-level benchmarks, working closely with Product Management and dev architects to define them, as well as the ability to develop micro-benchmarks to help isolate performance bottlenecks and confirm performance gains
Education: Got it!
- 5+ years industry experience
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Expert in an object-oriented scripting language such as python or ruby
- Expert in a high level object-oriented language like C++/C# or Java
- Equal comfort in Microsoft and Unix/Linux environments in terms of both tools and systems administration
- â€œBig dataâ€ technologies like Map-Reduce, Hadoop
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED