Senior QA Engineer CaseCentral
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Position Summary
The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for the quality of CaseCentrals SaaS platform for Electronic Discovery, Early Case Assessment, and Online Analysis, Review and Productions. This is a black box software quality assurance role within a dynamic, fast paced and highly focused team. The Senior QA Engineer will work closely with fellow QA engineers, development engineers, architects, and product managers to understand product requirements, specifications and designs to design and execute tests to ensure product quality. Experience with standard QA tools and methodology is required. Agility to operate within short release cycles is essential.
- GUI testing for browser based multi-tier SaaS application.
- Black box testing of all aspects of end user and administrator functionality in a multi-tenant hosted service with role based security.
- Design test strategies, write test plans and execute test cases to cover functional testing, correctness and consistency testing, stress testing, robustness and resilience testing, performance testing, scalability testing, concurrency testing, security testing, scenario testing, installation and configuration testing, etc. to ensure quality from every perspective in the SaaS application.
- Own all aspects of the quality of one or more application areas and drive continuous improvement in the quality of these features.
- Identify weak spots, track bug trends and quality metrics, and drive resolution and regression coverage in a timely manner. Provide meaningful and actionable quality metrics to assess the overall quality of individual features and the overall product at any stage in the testing phase of any release cycle.
- Report defects with comprehensive details regarding the exact steps necessary to reproduce the issue and complete with configuration and data specific details, and help the development team in isolating the issue and identifying root cause so that resolution can be achieved in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Develop comprehensive domain knowledge to deeply understand user expectations and objectives to devise scenario based testing of the end to end functionality.
- Participate in reviews of requirements, specifications and designs to develop deeper understanding of the product functionality to design comprehensive test coverage to ensure quality is maintained and improved as the product evolves with an ever growing feature set through successive releases.
- Provide overlap of testing with the development phase to support the agile methodology and short release cycles.
Education, Experience and Key Competencies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree required.
- 8+ years of QA experience with enterprise software applications or large scale SaaS applications.
- Experience with understanding complex product requirements and developing comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases.
- Experience with developing and executing test plans and test cases, report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Experience with organizing test cases into priority buckets so that regression cycles can choose the appropriate set for execution depending upon the extent of change, time available and risk assessment.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows platforms required.
- Experience with GUI automation is highly desirable.
- Experience with load generation, performance and scalability testing tools highly desirable.
- Experience with Perl, Python or other scripting languages for component testing highly desirable.
- Experience with SQL and XML for data generation and data validation highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective team player. Must have attention to detail and passion for quality and continuous improvement.
||760 Market Street |
San Francisco, CA 94102
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED