Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Jaspersoft in San Francisco, CA Jaspersoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Jaspersoft is a fast-growing, mature start-up looking for great people to help accelerate our success. Our open source business intelligence (BI) platform is the world's most widely used BI software, with over 10 million product downloads worldwide and more than 12,500 commercial customers in 100 countries. Jaspersoft products span the continuum of business intelligence, including reporting, analysis, dashboards and mash-ups, data analysis, and data integration. If you're passionate about making customers successful and growing a great company, you should consider Jaspersoft.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for aspects of software testing, test automation, quality tracking. The key objectives of the position are to find most serious quality defects before they enter the customer base, to provide feedback to engineering on Quality related issues/concerns, to write, execute and document results of a test plan including automation, certification, etc.
- Write detailed test plans based on product/customer requirements (PRD/Design Specs and Use cases)
- Execute test plans and document results, file bugs into bug tracking system with sufficient information for engineering to resolve/reproduce the problem (configuration info, dumps, log files, databases, etc.)
- Implement an automation test suite that minimizes the probability of product regressions and maximizes the productivity of the test process.
- Collecting customer feedback and ensuring their success is a key factor. Customers include not only external customers but also internal customers like Tech. Support and PS).
- Work closely with engineering and marketing early in the development lifecycle (requirements and design stages) to gather test cases and minimize back end critical path.
- Run regression tests and performs both white and black box testing against releases of the Jaspersoft Platform.
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing.
- Document, troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Design, develop and implement complex test automation both at the functional and system level.
- Work with other members of the Jaspersoft QA team to improve our processes, tools, methods, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Adhere to and enforce the policies of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform code development.
- Ability to participate in code reviews.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of 3-5 years cumulative experience with QA process, procedures, and tools. Understanding of basic software test principles, tools and procedures.
- Experience with Selenium, Junit, any other automation tools is a must.
- Experience with installation and configuration of most common application server (Weblogic, Websphere, Jboss, etc.. ) is a plus.
- Experience with Java development is a huge plus.
- Experience with Bugzilla bug tracking
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- A strong technical background coupled with in-depth experience testing or developing software for Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Possesses strong technical and programming/test automation skill as demonstrated by 2+ years development of complex automation infrastructure and test cases with industry standard products: C++, VB, VT, etc.
- Database or SQL experience is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot software / hardware configuration problems
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED