Senior RoR Web Developer Bug Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We have several exciting and challenging web projects for BUG in the pipeline you will help us make them happen You will lead the charge with your expertise in back-end web programming and database design. Youve designed and developed cloud applications (in Ruby on Rails). Is that you
- Back-end web programming and database design with Ruby on Rails
- Designing, developing, launching, and maintaining a large-scale web API
- Scalable web service and cloud app design
- Database modeling and performance tuning skills are a must.
- Writing interactive web applications using server- and client-side scripting
- Hands-on experience with various web technologies such as server-push and messaging protocols
- Not afraid of exploring nascent web technologies such as NoSQL and HTML5
Not Required Skills/Experience (but we hope we see ONE or more)
- Java-based Web Services and web application development
- Java server technologies such as Servlets, NIO, Apache Mina
- Designing and developing real-time applications on high performance middleware such as JMS, XMPP, etc.
- Distributed real-time systems
- Release engineering experience
- Basic Linux administration skills
- Distributed application development experience
- Experience using 3rd party visualization libraries
- Some parkour skills or Elsewhere style dance moves would be very cool
- Extra consideration for hands fine enough for modeling
- Super extra points for a solution to world hunger or melting glacier problem.
Stuff You Do
- Find the need, plan it and do it yourself You have tremendous initiative and can work independently
- Value and thrive on teamwork and collaboration (yes, able to work independently AND with others).
- Able to discuss technical issues clearly and succinctly. Excellent written, oral, nonverbal and sarcastic communication skills a must.
- Demonstrable background in computer science (algorithms, time/space complexity, abstract data types).
- 4 to 6 years significant, demonstrable database-driven web application development experience.
- Can code in big open loft and tolerate an occasional 80s mashup (ala this or maybe even this).
||New York |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Bug Labs is an exciting, award-winning NYC startup building the "operating system" for the emerging Internet of Things. Founded by open source hardware visionary Peter Semmelhack, Bug's innovative software platform abstracts the functional capabilities of any connected device (mobile phone, automobile, industrial sensor, microcontroller, whatever) and exposes them as a standard, well documented collection of web services (APIs). Developers or even non-technical innovators can then easily use these services to build compelling web and mobile applications that would have been impossible before
Shipping Product Investors: Court Square Ventures
, Spark Capital
, Union Square Ventures
, Verizon Ventures All Jobs: at Bug Labs
|Headquarters:||511 Ave of the Americas|
New York, NY 10011
|Company Profile:||- Founded 2006 by Peter Semmelhack
- Venture backed - Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Court Square Ventures, Verizon Ventures
- Fortune 500 customer list
Support Bug Labs with Social Media services