Senior Sales Engineer at Jaspersoft in New York, NY Jaspersoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Jaspersoft's open source business intelligence is the world's most widely used BI software, with more than 10 million product downloads worldwide and more than 12,000 commercial customers in 100 countries. Jaspersoft provides a web-based, open and modular approach to the evolving business intelligence needs of the enterprise and is the only BI vendor enabling true multi-tenancy while providing a common platform for on-premise, virtualized, SaaS and cloud deployments.
The Senior Sales Engineer applies technical expertise, customer relationship building, and basic team selling skills in order to support the sale of Jaspersoft software and services. This support includes, but is not limited to: technical fit qualification, professional product demonstrations, contributing to pre-sales strategy planning discussions, and applying BI industry knowledge and competitive expertise throughout the sales cycle.
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for the success of the prospect's technical evaluation and perceived value of the software solution as a whole. The Senior Sales Engineer supports multiple account managers and must be able to identify, prioritize, manage, and communicate issues both internally and externally. Clear, professional written and spoken communication in English is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful senior sales engineer will consistently accomplish the following:
- Qualify prospects based on technical fit and business need.
- Prepare and deliver product demonstrations and presentations that address the prospect's technical and business requirements.
- Provide guidance and pre-sales technical support for successful evaluations and efficient sales cycles.
- Contribute product and solution knowledge for our internal and shared communities.
- Successfully complete all requested training and certifications.
- Clearly and professionally communicate with prospects, partners and co-workers in English.
- Adhere to and enforce the policies of the company.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include:
- Create, enhance or customize self-running demonstrations for other team members to re-use.
- Present to groups of all sizes including large audiences (100+) in training and seminar settings.
- Marketing support in technical areas â€" webinars, tradeshows, roadshows, etc.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Fundamental system administration and integration on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Fundamental SQL and relational database administration.
- Production and operational reporting development and deployment.
- Fundamental MDX and relational OLAP analysis.
- Features and benefits of competitive products.
- BI industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Ability to articulate features and benefits of Jaspersoft products.
- Ability to identify prospect pain points and opportunities in order to articulate Jaspersoft's value proposition.
- Ability to understand new technologies and industry trends.
- Ability to articulate to technical, CIO and CXO audiences.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to identify critical situations and to clearly communicate them to others.
- Good written and excellent oral communication skills in English is required.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
The job is located at Jaspersoft corporate headquarters in San Francisco, CA or based from your home anywhere in the U.S. The Senior Sales Engineer will work primarily on Eastern time, but is expected to accommodate co-worker, management, and customer requests across other U.S. time zones. U.S. travel is expected up to 15% of the time. Remote (web based) presentations to European and Asian time zones may occasionally be required.
- 4 years work experience in a sales engineering, product management, product marketing, technical support, or similar role, preferably at a Business Intelligence, reporting, database, or similar company.
- Familiar with end-user reporting environments.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- At least two years experience working with customers.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED