Senior Scientist Zilliant
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description:
The primary role of this position is to provide leadership in the design and execution of the scientific modeling employed in Zilliants products and delivered solutions, to ensure that the techniques and methods are appropriate, effective and leading-edge.
This role is discharged by personally executing and/or leading other scientists and analysts in executing the modeling implementation work during client engagements; or by personally executing and/or leading other scientists and analysts in the research, design and development of modeling related capabilities, features and functions in Zilliants software products.
Specific responsibilities of the position will vary on the basis of project assignment and project role, but may include:
- Preparing prototypes and design documents for demand and optimization models
- Providing detailed guidance, inspection and QA for development of demand and optimization models
- Developing work plans for research, analysis and model implementation tasks
- Conducting exploratory and solution-focused analysis of client data
- Validating results and performance of as-built client solutions
- Developing and delivering presentations to clients and prospects related to the modeling aspects of Zilliants solution, insights from analysis of client data, recommendations regarding alternative approaches
- Conducting research into new or alternative methods and techniques
The primary requirement for this role is demonstrated expertise in operations research and demand modeling (statistics, econometrics) methods, techniques and literature. Generally this is demonstrable by possession of an earned PhD, in appropriate disciplines with an appropriate dissertation topic or post-doctoral research work.
In addition, incumbents in this position will possess the ability to solve analytic and software problems, think creatively and work effectively with teams of professionals engaged in commercially tackling real-world business problems.
Essential requirements include:
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related discipline. Additional advanced degrees in business ,marketing, or finance a plus.
- At least 5 years performing substantive design and analysis work in demand or price optimization modeling.
- In depth academic exposure to, and/or one to two years experience in
o Pricing and revenue optimization techniques
o Data mining, statistical, optimization or other relevant modeling experience,
o Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL and statistical tools (e.g. JMP, R, Tanagra or similar)
- Ability to work with teams of professionals
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and prospects
Desirable skills and experience
- Academic or industry experience in B2B or B2C pricing and revenue optimization
- Experience in developing industrial-strength software, which employs operations research or statistical/econometric techniques, methods and algorithms
- Industry experience in B2B distribution, B2B discrete manufacturing, transportation, hospitality, and/or financial services is desired
- Experience in managing client engagements and/or internal, professional teams
- Track record of increasing responsibility and results.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED