Senior Software Engineer, Core Data Pipeline Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Software Engineer, Core Data Pipeline
The world of real estate data is huge and spans a multitude of data sources. We're looking for the right engineers to help build and improve core back-end data services, search infrastructure, processing pipelines, and storage platforms that feed our real estate site.
You will design and build large-scale applications and systems to acquire, process, store, and make discoverable vast quantities of real estate information. Leverage your server-side or full-stack development background to rapidly realize bullet-proof solutions ranging from MapReduce workflows to web services. You thrive on challenges around performance optimization, parallelization, and scalability that come with the data demands of a high-traffic, constantly growing public website. You have an interest in cutting-edge and open-source technologies and bring your own toolset and experiences to the mix.
- Java for production-ready scalable systems, familiar with related open-source frameworks/technologies
- Proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Scripting with Python, Perl, Ruby, or equivalent
- Experience with large dataset manipulation
- Familiarity with back-end architectures supporting a large-scale website
- Coding experience on a large, collaborative software stack
- Technical troubleshooting, performance tuning
Nice to have:
- Search engines: SOLR, Lucene, etc.
- Hadoop, MapReduce and related technologies: Hive, Pig, Oozie, etc.
- Other big data technologies: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Database-driven software development experience: relational, NoSQL, etc.
- Large-scale data acquisition, crawler architecture
- Image processing and storage
- Geospatial experience
- Compute clusters, cloud-based infrastructure
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, places and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live in that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, and crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper-local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia is built on an employee-centric, values driven culture - we enjoy working together and have been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in San Francisco Bay Area, and Denver.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED