Senior Software Engineer, Database Engine Truviso
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED As a senior software engineer on the database engine team, you will be involved in the design and development of all aspects of the Truviso data stream processing kernel. Your responsibilities will include designing, coding, debugging, and performance analysis as well as dealing with customer deployments. A deep understanding of the internals of software systems (e.g., database/messaging systems) as well as the ability to quickly find your feet in a codebase of significant size is essential. An ideal candidate will have several years of experience in producing rock-solid code for mission critical enterprise systems, will have gone through multiple release cycles of such systems, and will have a clear understanding of how such systems are integrated with the ecosystem of an enterprise. Specific experience in the internals of a database system (especially in "lower-half" areas such as transaction management, fault-tolerance and recovery) is highly desired. In addition, experience in the internals of the PostgreSQL open source database system is also extremely valuable.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (Ph.D. a plus)
- Several years (8) of enterprise software development experience (either on Unix/Linux, or on Windows)
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems (database/messaging systems preferred)
- Experience in leading and driving projects and dealing with customer situations
- Excellent programming skills in C along with the ability to easily pick up and learn other languages/technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong appetite for solving hard problems and for rigorous analysis.
||1065 East Hillsdale Boulevard |
Foster City, CA 94404
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED