Senior Software Engineer mobileStorm
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Type: Full Time
Sr. Software Engineer / DBA responsible for proprietary messaging solutions.
1. Participate in cross-functional projects to develop new and enhance existing messaging technology solutions.
2. Initiate, plan, review, architect, design, develop, test, document, and track progress of projects to improve scalability, monitor system load.
3. Safeguard, tune, analyze, architect and troubleshoot relational data stores such as MySQL, PostGress, and non-relational datastores such as Redis.
4. Troubleshoot and fix issues related to messaging software production systems, safeguarding performance and business continuity.
5. Mentor peers and junior developers.
6. Develop, promote and utilize the best development practices and business continuity strategies while protecting revenue streams.
7. Recruit, retain, evaluate and provide leadership to additional IT staff in the areas of software development and infrastructure management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Strong Python & PHP developer. Good working knowledge of Java.
2. Strong MySQL/Postgress tuning, query optimization and administration skills
3. Good working knowledge of Nginx, Jetty, Tornado and Hudson CI Server.
4. Strong product lifecycle skill set, from requirements development and planning, through development, test and delivery.
5. Produces efficient code with a focus on security and performance.
6. Experience working on large, high volume, production systems.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
8. Collaborative development style that includes technical and non-technical team members.
Education and/or Experience:
1. BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
2. 5+ years of hard-core software development of production systems.
3. Success at initiating and completing development projects with responsibilities in all phases of development.
4. Success at participating in cross-functional development teams.
5. Continuing education in software development practices.
1. Passionate about areas of expertise.
2. Proven leadership ability.
3. Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
7. Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
8. Keen attention to detail.
9. Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
10. Exceptional service orientation.
11. Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
1. Energetic team in a startup-like atmosphere.
2. On-call availability and periodic overtime.
3. Sitting for extended periods of time.
4. Dexterity of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.
5. Occasional travel may be required.
||6565 Sunset Boulevard |
Los Angeles, CA 90028
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED