Senior Software Engineer Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Responsibilities:
Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more major, mission-critical services underlying Twilios API. The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, hosting design review sessions, documenting design and code details and participating in periodic peer code-reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well as with Twilios performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and built new APIs
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, real-time DSP (audio processing), and more.
Twilio places a high premium on engineers with a deep commitment to quality and a demonstrated understanding of underlying technologies. To apply for the role of Senior Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong background in networking, operating systems, and security
- 3-5+ Years of engineering experience with Python, PHP, C, C++ or Java
- Solid knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Notable contributions to open source software projects
- Knowledge of document, key/value or other non-relational database system such as Redis, HBase, BigTable, Dynamo, etc.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, layer 3 and 7 load balancers, and monitoring tools
- Good communication, organization and project management skills
Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
Excellent gear (?We ? Apple computers and big monitors ? two if you need ?em?);
A strong belief in life/work balance
||548 Market St #14510 |
San Francisco, CA 94104
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services