Senior Software Engineer Announce Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Software Development Engineer
Division: Technology Development
Location: St. Louis, MO
Answers? is seeking a Software Development Engineer to work with the core technologies powering our infrastructure. The successful candidate will be part of an engineering team devoted to the design and development of high-traffic web applications, backend processing systems, various supporting tools, and administrative front ends. The ideal engineer will work closely with product and engineering management to satisfy user interface requirements, and work with QA to design tests and walkthroughs. This position will be located in our St. Louis, MO office.
- Contribute architecture input to new system components, rewrites of legacy systems, etc.
- Write thorough, comprehensive technical and high-level documentation
- Engineer and implement new product features for web-based applications using LAMP
- Optimize and enhance web applications with tens of millions of page requests, high volume data logging and processing needs, and high performance requirements
- May require an on-call rotation to support production
- Experienced LAMP developer (Linux, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, PHP)
- Proficient test planning for web applications
- Detailed knowledge of daemons, cron jobs, and system requirements for high traffic, fault tolerant, 24x7 websites, supporting a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with MVCs
- Basic XML, TCP/IP, NFS, YML, modJAVA, and Apache application server knowledge
Required Personal Skills:
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative - capable of working on a self-sufficient basis and identifying areas of potential technical improvement
- Self-management - capable of prioritizing and executing tasks
- Problem solving - ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- 2+ years experiences in design, development and operation on web applications or websites from the front end to the back end.
- Expertise in data structures and algorithm evaluation
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Scrum/Agile development
- Experience with other languages/systems
- BS/MS degree
- Develop the technology that power millions of daily unique visitors
- Collaborate within a team of fervent business and technology enthusiasts
- Work with the largest internet players, building software that significantly impacts vertical markets
- Fun and exciting atmosphere where hard work is recognized and rewarded
Competitive base salary with bonus and opportunity for Incentive Equity Units (similar to stock options with favorable tax treatment)
Answers.com, The World?s Leading Q&A Site
Answers.com, the world's leading destination for Q&A content, will leverage significant investments from TA Associates & Summit Partners, leading global growth private equity firms, that will enable further expansion of its knowledge leadership across web, mobile and social platforms. Backed by a proven business model, Answers continues to rapidly devour market share in the consumer web industry. Moreover, the site is ranked among the top 20 Internet destinations in the United States of America - (ComScore #25).
Answers has achieved the web's largest community-generated social knowledge platform with 150 million unique visitors monthly 30% of USA population, and over 15 billion answers. Answers remains one of the fastest growing consumer destinations on the Internet. We attribute our success to a clear Executive vision, a willingness to continuously adjust to a dynamic business landscape, and a world-class team of technology enthusiasts coming from Universities such as Stanford, UC Berkley, Cornell, MIT and Carnegie Melon, including a senior management coming from companies like Google, eBay, Yahoo, Netscape, NetFlix and Microsoft.
||St. Louis, MO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED