Senior Software Engineer: Suite Performance Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you have a passion for building frameworks and applications that multiply the productivity of your colleagues? Do you want to work on challenging problems that are truly mission critical?
Guidewire is expanding and has an opening for a senior software engineer to work on performance testing frameworks, tools and instrumentation. Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our suite of products is strong and increasing, and it's critical that they be able to meet the stringent performance, scalability and reliability requirements of the largest customers and prospects in the world. This necessitates continuous improvements in our performance testing frameworks, tools and infrastructure to enable us to do our database, app server and UI testing and tuning as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer - Suite Performance position include, but are not limited to:
Successful Senior Software Engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- Collaborate across multiple teams to increase the efficiency and accuracy of internal performance testing operations so that we can scale more quickly to our highest targets for every release and better detect problems before release
- Work on predictive modeling approaches to proactively look for potential performance issues
- Provide tactical help to internal application performance testing engineers
- Ensure success during customer implementations through the development of externally facing performance testing tools, improved product instrumentation, pro-active consultation and evangelization of process
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desired.
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team.
- An interest in practicing modern development techniques (TDD, scrum, pair programming, stories, Kanban, etc.).
- A passion for code quality that inspires writing and maintaining loads of unit tests
- 5+ years of software product development and delivery experience.
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code.
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve their own skills and how we develop software
- Knowledge of database fundamentals and SQL, especially Oracle, SQL Server and/or DB2
- Web-based applications
Good to have:
- Experience with performance testing and tuning or a strong desire to learn about this aspect of enterprise software development
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with agile development practices
What's most important to the people who make up product development at Guidewire is the quality of our colleagues and the opportunity to be productive. We strive to constantly improve our development process, apply agile development practices, and collaborate to create and maintain the greatest enterprise software suite in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry. We're a team passionately focused on customer success and our long term goals. Talk to people here and you'll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We write software the way we've always wanted to write it. We want smart, motivated people to help build the future for ourselves and our customers. We are proud of what we build and how we work together.
- Experience with any existing performance testing tools/frameworks including JMeter, JProfiler, Yourkit, Dynatrace, Oracle AWR and ASH
- Experience with finding and fixing the root cause of performance issues
- Experience working with large datasets
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three principles:
Collegiality - We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We welcome and consider contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. More than 100K unit tests per branch prove our code succeeds and fails where expected. We never assume that we're building software the 'right' way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services