Senior/Staff Firmware Engineer - Altierre Corporation Altierre
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED ALTIERRE
RETAIL REVOLUTIONAltierre is a leading provider of wireless dynamic pricing solutions for large retail chains. Implementing price changes is a multi-billion dollar problem for retailers around the globe. Altierre?s integrated wireless platform is a revolutionary end-to-end hardware and software solution that brings the digital age into the store and down every aisle. Altierre?s products enable chain-wide, real-time dynamic pricing, improve price accuracy, sharply reduce costs and paper waste, and improve in-store communication with consumers. Altierre is shipping products in high volume today. Our solutions are being installed in major department stores in the United States and in retail stores across the world including superstores in France.
Altierre delivers a complete, wireless retail solution that includes a server/gateway, wireless access points, wireless digital signage, and other wireless endpoints such as temperature sensors and out-of-stock sensors. Altierre's network uses our proprietary ultra-low-power, low-cost radio technology.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking an exceptionally talented and productive Senior or Staff Firmware/Systems Engineer. Our small team of expert system/firmware engineers are at the center of our new product definition, architecture, and design. You will be a key contributor to our system architecture and you must be able to independently develop firmware for wireless digital signage, other wireless endpoints, access points, and infrastructure products that meets our challenging low-cost, low-power, and small-footprint requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES- Contributing to product definition and defining the system architecture.
- Develop the firmware (specify, architect, document, code, test, debug, maintain) for Altierre's wireless dynamic pricing solutions.
- Help select the IC components for our designs. Perform performance, memory, power, and cost analysis. Provide review and feedback on the hardware design.
- Scheduling and tracking your project. Coordinating your efforts with other software and hardware engineers, managers, marketing leaders, etc.
- Maintenance of legacy code and products. .
REQUIREMENTS- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in CS, EE, or Math
- 5 or more years industry experience developing embedded firmware
- Expert C programming skills. C++ experience is desirable.
- Extensive system architecture and system design experience. Proven ability to analyze and estimate performance, memory requirements, power dissipation, and system cost.
- Assembler coding expertise
- Windows & Linux development environments
- Exceptional debugging skills. Expert with lab instrumentation (meters, scopes, logic analyzers, etc.).
- Deep understanding of common hardware interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB, UART, ...)
- Device drivers
- Embedded Linux, Linux drivers & middleware
- Strong experience programming small and medium-scale processors.
- Board support packages (BSPs)
- Strong hardware knowledge (board schematics, part selection, memories, power ICs, microprocessors, FPGAs, ...). Able to review and critique board schematics.
- Outstanding problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to learn what you need to know quickly.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- High productivity, dependability, and quality. You deliver your commitments with high quality on schedule.
- Authorized to work full-time in the U.S. for any employer.
BENEFITS- Altierre provides competitive salary and equity compensation to our employees.
- Altierre employees enjoy a complete set of benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan, flexible savings plans, etc.
||170 Rose Orchard Way |
San Jose, CA 95134
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED