The Senior Technical Account Manager has strong in-depth knowledge on all Approva products, demonstrates strong expertise in the Microsoft platform and works with colleagues to resolve technical issues.. The individual is highly experienced in multiple platforms and completes assigned duties with minimal direction from management. Routinely acts independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues. Sought by others to provide specialty knowledge to assist them in problem solving. Routinely monitors development of electronic content to enable customer self-sufficiency. To be successful in this role, you will need a strong software application support skill set, a responsive customer service orientation and the organizational skills to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities on a daily basis.
This team member is expected to follow reported problems through to their resolution and work with colleagues to resolve complex issues. The position requires excellent technical, customer and communication skills. It also requires interaction with all levels of management both internally and externally to resolve technical and product issues.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide direct application technical support to external software customers and partners
· Document external customer and partner interactions in the ticketing and knowledge based system
· Document problem resolutions in the knowledge base system
· Proactively identifies customer issues and communicates to management needed actions.
· Executes Root Cause Analysis and Corrective action when needed
· Review Case activity for critical customers and partners on a weekly/monthly basis (eg high case logging customers, customers with incorrect expectations)
· Provide guidance to team members and research technical issues
· Work with Technical Operations, Core Development and Program Management during product development cycle to ensure quality
· Provides coaching and mentoring to team members regarding the technical and operational aspects of their jobs to assure understanding of tasks and to maximize team performance
· Coordinates development and availability of effective electronic content so as to enable customer self-sufficiency.
· Responsible for queue management; including open and closed Case reviews
· Provides input on performance evaluations
· Handles Customers escalations
· Provides input in the technical screening, interviewing, and selection of candidates within team
· Works with manager to direct team towards continuous process improvement in day-to-day team operations
· Create and distribute Support Bulletins when required
· Present training as necessary to internal audiences
· Develop training plans and mentor new technical support team members
· Develop advanced troubleshooting procedures for complex technical problems
· Lead complex projects as necessary
· Participates in process planning and makes recommendations for improvements
· Coordinates tasks within the group and across functional areas
· Address customer problems promptly, and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
· Commitment to outstanding customer satisfaction
· Assists less experienced analysts in isolating problems, workarounds and solutions
· Provides consultation to field pre-sales and internal consultants
· Continues development of business and/or leadership skills
· Displays a positive and consistent customer support/service orientation
· Teaches technical courses internally and/or to customers
· Responsible for GetSmart course content and delivery
· Writes technical bulletins that are well structured and easy for a technical reader or customer to understand
· Achieves knowledge transfer with teammates through: Formal Team Training sessions/Brown Bags, Formal Mentoring, Creating of KB Articles
· Create product FAQs and/or maintain an up to date FAQs by contributing new content throughout product life cycle and builds
· Lead product documentation initiatives, review product documentation, maintain an up to date product content.
· Ability to act as an effective customer advocate/liaison within the Professional Services department and champion business needs and priorities
· Assist in identifying areas for process improvement and establishing effective and efficient business practices.
· 10 or more years' experience in Technical Support and/or ERP implementation consulting
· Understands customer support processes and procedures, including communicating effectively with customers and understanding escalation processes.
· Working knowledge of customer support tools (incident tracking, CRM, etc.)
· Knowledgeable in Quality Assurance process (Reproducing customer issues, providing verification testing, etc.)
· Ability to convey complex technical details.
· Strong customer service skills including phone etiquette, conflict resolution and technical writing skills
· Must have above average troubleshooting skills, strong analytical problem solving skills and the ability to interpret technical questions.
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft*s Windows 2000 and 2003 Server; Microsoft IIS 5.0 (and above)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft*s SQL Server, Access or other databases
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service
· Experience with the SAP and or Lawson enterprise application suite
· Great attitude, good communicator (verbal, written)
· Willing to work flexible hours
· Organized and detail-oriented and understands the importance of rapid issue resolution
· Team player and can deal with high-stress situations
· Understands the dynamics of a small company (wear many hats, likes variety of tasks, etc.)
· Continuous learner, takes initiative, and understands what it takes to get outstanding client satisfaction
· Must be decisive, conscientious, interact well in a team environment, have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures.
· Ability to present technical information to groups.
· Use of time management to set priorities of various assignments and complete them within allocated times with little or no supervision.
· Strong working knowledge of Active Directory/Windows domain administration
· Scripting Experience (VBS, Java or other development experience)
· Knowledge of Visual studio.Net, C#, ASP.Net
· Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
· Communication (verbal and written)
· Results Focused
· Focus on Relationships
· Organizational Skills
· Coaching/Knowledge Transfer Ability
· Escalation Management
|Location:||Salisbury Center, NY 13454 |