Senior Systems Engineer, Server Platform Medialets
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED THE POSITION:
This is a key role in our server engineering team. You'll be responsible for keeping the existing systems available and work with us towards scaling our solution as the business continues to grow.
You will be responsible for the high availability and total up time of our product operations. This is more than just an OS level position, as you will be responsible for maintaining our applications, application servers and other backend systems including Hadoop.
We are looking for someone to provide innovative solutions to scale and build rock-solid infrastructure for reliable product operations. Our clients expect us to lead and we work hard to deliver reliable and timely information and a phenomenal end user experience.
Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job - with our large transactional volume, every last bit of performance counts. You should be able to step back and look at a problem in different light to identify an approach that improves performance while not overly complicating the solution.
You studied computer science (or another tech-heavy science/engineering field) in school and can proudly claim that you spent more than your share of late nights bathed in the glow of compiler output.
You have a track record of large implementations of servers and distributed systems.
You see problems as opportunities and have what it takes to effectively communicate, brainstorm and collaborate to work through them.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- You are an expert in Bash and automation with scripting
- You have knowledge and experience in Python, Ruby and Enterprise Java
- You have diverse experience in monitoring (i.e. nagios, zenoss), trending (i.e. cacti, ganglia) and configuration deployment management (i.e. cfengine, chef) systems.
- You have worked closely with development teams while also managing production systems.
- Experience working with custom developed applications (deploy/release/etc) in a SaaS environment
- Expertise in application servers and other backend systems (e.g. MySQL, Apache HTTP, Tomcat, Cassandra, HBase)
- Knowledge and/or experience in cloud based computing (AWS, Rackspace, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop is preferred.
MORE ABOUT MEDIALETS
We are the leading analytics and rich media ad platform for mobile. Our clients include CBS, CNN, New York Times, NPR, Time, and more than 1000 others who use our code every day to measure their audience and serve exceptionally high engagement ads that make sense for mobile. Our work environment is collaborative, fast-paced, iterative and fun, our team is world-class and includes industry veterans with multiple successful exits, and our mission is nothing short of owning our category.
We pay competitive salaries and have a comprehensive benefits package that includes full medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k) and a host of other services. We're a venture backed company with marquee investors and a passionate board of directors and advisors who deeply believe in our mission.
||15 East 26th Street |
New York, NY 10010
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED