Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With over 12,000 employees and offices in over 150 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit
JOB POSITION: Support Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Herndon, VA
JOB SUMMARY: The Support Engineer provides application and technical support for Infor Approva products to our customers, partners and company associates. Support includes functional analysis, program analysis, testing, and debugging to resolve customer issues that are reported via online support tools or the telephone. Support Engineers are responsible for tier two and/or tier three support while ensuring that all service level agreements and customer satisfaction goals are achieved as defined in the Support Operations Handbook.
The skill level for this role will require application and technology product knowledge, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to handle customers who are dealing with critical high impact business issues. The Support Engineer is responsible for interfacing with services, Product Engineering, and other 3rd parties needed to resolve complex issues.
The Infor Approva Continuous Controls products are the industry leaders in providing Enterprise Controls Management software to our customers. We enable business, finance, IT and audit professionals to automate the on-demand testing, closed-loop remediation and continuous, exception-based monitoring of controls within and across their business systems. The Infor Approva products enables our customers to significantly increase visibility into their controls, streamline the audit process, cost-effectively sustain their compliance initiatives and reduce exposure to mistakes, fraud and inefficiencies for business processes such as procurement, sales and delivery, payroll and financial close.
· Responsible for providing quality application and technical support via online support tools and telephone for Infor Approva Continuous Controls Monitoring products.
· Set up the appropriate test environment based on a customer's system specification.
· Manage assigned incidents in order to meet service levels as defined in the Support Operations Handbook.
· Responsible for all customer interactions/communications related to support incidents.
· Responsible for being the liaison between customer and Product Development.
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills (e.g., incident notes, bug reports, knowledge base articles, etc.).
· Develop, demonstrate and maintain the skills necessary to do analysis of our Infor Approva products and other underlying technologies such as operating systems and databases.
· Work with Technical Operations, Core Development and Program Management during product development cycle to ensure quality.
· Develop advanced troubleshooting procedures for complex technical problems.
· Continues development of business and/or leadership skills.
· Displays a positive and consistent customer support/service orientation.
· Writes technical bulletins that are well structured and easy for a technical reader or customer to understand.
· Lead product documentation initiatives, review product documentation, maintain an up to date product content.
· Ability to act as an effective customer advocate/liaison within the Professional Services department and champion business needs and priorities.
· Assist in identifying areas for process improvement and establishing effective and efficient business practices.
Education and Experience:
· Four-year degree in related field or equivalent business/technical experience.
· Prior experience in related industry or software/technical support.
· Experience with relevant technologies that could include the following:
· Microsoft*s Windows 2000 and 2003 Server; Microsoft IIS 5.0 (and above).
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft*s SQL Server.
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service.
· Strong working knowledge of Active Directory/Windows domain administration.
· Understands customer support processes and procedures, including communicating effectively with customers and understanding escalation processes.
· Strong customer service skills including phone etiquette, conflict resolution and technical writing skills.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
· Experience with ERP application suites to include Lawson, SAP, or Oracle.
· Organized and detail-oriented and understands the importance of rapid issue resolution
· Team player and can deal with high-stress situations.
· Must be decisive, conscientious, interact well in a team environment, have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures.
· Use of time management to set priorities of various assignments and complete them within allocated times with little or no supervision.
|Location:||Salisbury Center, NY 13454 |