Senior Test Engineer Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Test Engineer
Operations | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Test Engineer will provide technical leadership on test diags/debug development and test automation including test data collection, reviewing HW test coverage and hands-on testing/debugging of Infoblox products for manufacturing to achieve high quality. He/she will be the primary contact to work with contract manufacturers, component and sub-system suppliers on quality / yield improvement during manufacturing, root cause analysis and will follow through in implementing closed loop corrective actions. He/she will work with cross functional teams including NPI, SW development, SW QA, manufacturing, document control, supply chain and external vendors to meet cost, time to market and quality targets.
Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for automation of end to end test process for all Infoblox x86 based server class products.
- Responsible for reviewing the HW test coverage for x86 based platforms, recommend and develop new tests as required to reduce the gap in coverage.
- Responsible for writing test automation scripts for existing and new products including configuration using model number and SKUs.
- Responsible for defining and developing the test process and data collection for manufacturing and RMA lines.
- As a test senior engineer, this person will be working on understanding manufacturing and field failure mechanisms covering all Infoblox platforms, identifying the root cause and following up through implementation of closed loop corrective actions. Examples: Using customer configuration & usage scenarios at system integrators, contract manufacturer and key component suppliers in the test development.
- Responsible for buy off on SW releases for Infoblox platforms and provide feedback on quality related issues to software development and software QA teams, and work on applicable resolutions and improvements.
- Responsible for documentation and training on test automation. Responsible for keeping track of open bugs and close them.
- Work with Mfg Eng and CMs to define and implement test improvement to cover field failure scenarios (including early life failures) that are either test escapes or the ones that are not reproducible in the laboratory such as no problem found (NPF).
- Will take HW test image from engineering and improve it for high volume manufacturing by incorporating mfg related tests on hardware scan, stress tests, power cycling and sub-system tests (Hard drive, memory, power supply, add-on Copper and Fiber NICs, acceleration and RAID cards).
- Will be part of the team at Infoblox, at the manufacturing partners and at suppliers on all defect reduction activities as well as on continuous quality improvement programs.
- Responsible for driving corrective actions, maintaining key quality/yield metrics and reporting data in formal reports covering all failure related KPIs on weekly, monthly and quarterly intervals.
- Majority of the time will be spent in the Lab or at the manufacturing partners working on test coverage and automation.
- Knowledge of writing test scripts, test automation wrapper using Java, PERL, CLI, C, C++ and Linux as well as understanding of BIOS, drivers and standard SW release process.
- Strong mix of hardware & software knowledge of x86 based server class platforms and knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Must have extensive experience on testing x86 based server / appliance products.
- Experienced in test data collection and analysis.
- Experience with Root cause analysis on product failures (manufacturing and field), monitoring quality/yield metrics and in the implementation and execution of closed loop corrective actions on x86 based server / network appliances.
- Familiarity with test coverage of motherboards, sub-assemblies I/O devices, hard drives, memory, SSL / Ethernet cards, SSDs and power supplies. Knowledge of HW diagnostics such as PC Doctor, Memtest86 is a plus.
- Familiarity with controllers of environmental chambers such as Solutions plus and Navigator.
- Project / planning skills, ability to work independently as well as multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to read and understand component specifications including schematics, and X86 reference designs.
Ideal Candidate will have a BS/MS in CS/EE and 5+ years of relevant test automation and testing of X86 based systems experience. The candidate must have experience bringing up contract manufacturers on new products (NPI). Expertise in reviewing test coverage, developing and implementing tests for quality improvement for all phases of product lifecycle is desired. Basic knowledge of networking hardware is required and the candidate must have prior test automation / hardware diagnostics (networking appliance) experience.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to continually improve test process.
- Prior experience working with OEM / ODM / CM is required.
- Excellent communication, team work, organizational, project management and presentation skills.
Experience with testing of SATA / SAS interfaces and PCI based I/O cards is a plus. Examples: NIC, SSL Cards, EEPROM setup / I2C / GPIO Buses.
Additional experience with special tests including Voltage margin, Environmental Stress, Traffic, Long life and On-going Reliability is a plus.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services