Senior User Experience Designer Sparta Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Function
As part of the Product Management & Strategy team, the Senior User Experience Designer will contribute to defining the long term vision and the tactical roll-out for the evolution of the User Experience of Sparta Systems? suite of product offerings. Work will span all areas of user interaction including current products as well as future products and capabilities, and will require extensive cross-functional interaction and alignment-building.
This role will lead and execute user experience activities, and fulfill various functions on a diverse range of technology projects. Some of the key roles will be:
Developing highly usable user experience designs that elegantly and intuitively meet user, business and functional requirements.
Synthesizing many forms of research and business requirements into informational, navigational and web page/application strategy, design and specifications.
Working with customers to understand needs and cross-functional business groups to achieve goals while contributing to the design and development of the User Experience of Sparta?s suite of web-based and mobile enterprise application solutions.
Collaborating with external UX vendors and contractors as needed.
Acting as an active user experience project contributor and senior project stakeholder.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contributes to the development, design and delivery of user experience strategies on projects with both Sparta and selected vendor resources in order to achieve a shared vision of the product and then lead the process to define the experience and design to deliver on product objectives
Executes and delivers UX efforts for Sparta?s suite of web-based and mobile enterprise application solutions
Develops concept models and prototypes to help align stakeholders on envisioned solutions
Gathers user requirements and translates business requirements into user flows, site maps, page flows, storyboards and user interface specifications
Ensures consistency across solutions delivered by the organization by contributing to the development and application of user experience design standards to establish consistent, overarching design themes and patterns to enhance both brand and usability
Serves as an advisor on the design and implementation of functionality as captured and defined by the Product Management and Product Development teams
Leads participatory design sessions (paper/interactive) and contextual evaluations to provide cross-functional groups with UX and UI expertise and guidance
Guides team through user-centered research methods matching methodology to needs
Conceptualizes user experience design solutions in online environments
Analyzes and interprets both quantitative and qualitative data to make design recommendations based on test results, usability standards, and best practices
Executes and guides user testing, usability testing and product evaluations with mockups and prototypes
Documents user research findings and analyses
Serves as a human factors/usability expert
Collaborates with specialist UX vendors, ensuring requirements, development, user testing, and visual designs comply with Sparta user experience standards
Advocating and practicing UX competencies and processes cross-functionally and incorporating user experience processes into the product development lifecycle to ensure UX designs are fully integrated into the process from business requirements through testing
Interaction Design, Industrial Design, or Human Computer Interaction degree (or equivalent experience)
Ideally 3-5+ years experience as a UXD or Usability professional, including one or more of:
3+ years online design experience, or
3+ years interactive consulting or agency experience, or
3+ years product user interface design experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Must have experience with designing user experiences for transactional web-based applications such as CRM solutions, Call Center applications, Sales Force Automation, Web Portals, Knowledge Management systems, Dashboards, and/or Business Intelligence packages
2. Experience with designing for mobile platforms a plus
3. Skilled in usability inspection methods, user-centered design research methods, conducting usability assessments and user interviews
4. Demonstrated experience with usability engineering & testing, information architecture, interaction design, user research techniques, and conceptual modeling
5. Proven expertise in effective customer relations and vendor management
6. Proven ability to influence and build strategic working relationships with senior clients, peers and vendors regardless of seniority or organizational boundaries
7. Effective at advocating the UX approach across internal departments
8. Proven ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and vice versa
9. Proven track record in inspiring others to get behind a vision
10. Success in driving change with cross-functional stakeholders
11. Knowledgeable in emerging UX trends and best practices across industries
12. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, in a cross-functional environment
14. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, internally and externally, especially with customers
15. Excellent presentation, analytical, and logical skills both verbal and written
16. Comfortable speaking before an audience of people
17. Well versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Visio, Adobe Creative Suite, as well as interaction design tools such as OmniGraffle, Axure or Balsamiq
Less than 25% travel required
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED