Job Description: Service & Remanufacture Technician, Powertrain Manufacturing
About Tesla Motors
Tesla Motors is a small, aggressive, well-funded start-up in the San Francisco Bay Area that is making advanced electric vehicles, batteries, and drive systems a reality. We are building a technically strong, fast-moving team that prides itself on superior execution, and is changing the future of the transportation industry.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric sports cars -- with no compromises. Tesla Motors cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy-efficient cars on the road.
The Powertrain Service & Remanufacture Technician reports to the Team Supervisor. He/She is responsible for determining the root failures of complex electromechanical assemblies, and repairing/remanufacturing those products to specification. The SR Tech tests and analyzes the devices, and then follows provided instructions, schematic diagrams, and mechanical drawings to perform the repairs. They also work with engineers and technicians to identify new failure modes, implement corrective/preventive actions, help develop new repair instructions, and work to hand-written and verbal instructions when necessary. SR Techs also use hand tools and computer-based electrical test equipment and databases to analyze and repair product and subassemblies.
* Perform complex and precise electro-mechanical debug/repair/remanufacture.
* Maintain inventory integrity and repair history through diligent record keeping and adherence to process.
* Typically involves a variety of operations that require a thorough understanding of the functional operation of the subassemblies as well as the finished product.
* Work from complex and detailed manufacturing documentation and/or verbal and written instructions.
* Work with, and help develop specialized fixtures, test equipment, and procedures.
* Collect data; update and maintain electronic and written records.
* Work with Material Review Board (MRB) to support Manufacturing.
* Identify discrepant materials/components, both verbally and in writing to supervisor and engineers.
* Complete tasks within standard times, as directed by your supervisor and per established schedules.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Suggest enhancements to process and department layout, and help implement once approved.
* High School diploma or equivalent, Associate degree preferred.
* Minimum 5 years experience in assembly and repair of electro-mechanical components or electric motors.
* Working knowledge of high voltage DC battery systems, or basic electronics and DC electrical systems.
* Proficient with hand tools and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases.
* Experience with semi-automated manufacturing equipment is highly desirable.
* Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
* Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* Proficient with computer tools, including Word, Excel, QuickBase, and Outlook.
* Must be reliable, innovative, committed, a self-starter, and quality focused.
* Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing for long periods.
* Ability to lift 30-50 lbs.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|