Shipping and Receiving Specialist Impinj
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Apply To This Job
Return To List
ImpinjÂ® radio frequency identification (RFID) technology provides useful information about the physical world-- enabling businesses and organizations around the globe to achieve operational efficiency and security.
This entry-level, cross-functional role works closely with our Operations, Sales and Accounting teams to deliver our industry-leading products to customers worldwide.
Work within a team to handle all shipping and receiving functions to ensure high levels of quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction. Assist the Operations team in all inventory activities.
Shipping & Receiving
- Verify incoming and outgoing shipments against records to ensure accuracy.
- Review preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method.
- Maintain list of customer-preferred freight carriers.
- Execute shipments to the letter of customers' purchase orders.
- Maintain shipping and receiving equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate pickup and shipment with selected freight carriers.
- Monitor performance and approve paperwork prior to submitting freight payment.
- Receive all incoming materials and supplies to include the inbound RMA material.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure a high level of quality.
- Inventory quantities and inspect for any apparent shipping damage at the time of receipt.
- Working from drawings, engineering-change notices, established operating procedures, and limited use of judgment, determine acceptance or rejection of material.
- Store items in bins, on floors, or on shelves for convenient access.
- Manage distribution functions such as inventory control, work order allocation and picklist generation, kitting function, cycle counting, physical inventory counting, and pass-through check-in.
- Prepare purchase orders for necessary supplies.
Records and Procedures
- Maintain related record-keeping systems.
- File orders or requisitions for materials, and keep records of items issued and received.
- Makes recommendation for improvements to operating procedures, maintenance, space utilization, protection of equipment, and other aspects of the shipping and receiving function.
- Serially monitor receipt dates of all shipments and reports for trending analysis.
- Perform all necessary ERP transactions, label generation, paid shortage tickets and move tickets to properly route incoming material.
- High school diploma and 6 months of closely related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficiency, including proficiency with MS Office software, including Excel and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills in English.
- Motivated team player ready to learn the workings of a new industry.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Prior semiconductor experience.
- Prior experience working with customs.
- Knowledge of quality concepts and procedures.
Apply To This Job
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Impinj, Inc. is the leading provider of UHF RFID solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating items. Impinj's GrandPrix- technology platform is the most comprehensive and widely adopted in our industry. The GrandPrix platform's key elements are Monza tag chips, Indy reader chips, and Speedway readers and subsystems. RFID systems built on the GrandPrix platform deliver real-time information about tagged items, thereby enabling applications and analytics designed to improve business decisions and enhance consumer experience. Leading retail, apparel, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, t
> 50M RaisedInvestors: ARCH Venture Partners
, Madrona Venture Group
, Mobius Venture Capital
, Physic Ventures
, Polaris Partners
, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund All Jobs: at Impinj
|Headquarters:||701 North 34th Street|
Seattle, WA 98103
|Company Profile:||Impinj focuses exclusively on UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID (radio-frequency identification) solutions. UHF RFID enables writing individualized information to and reading information from tagged items without line of sight, at longer range, higher speed, lower cost, and with more automation than any competing technology. Impinj embraces the global industry standard for UHF RFID, called UHF Gen 2, which we extend through our leadership in the standards-setting process and enhance with our proprietary technologies and deep domain expertise. UHF Gen 2 systems are ideally suited for high-volume, item-level applications that require low-cost consumable tags, such as retail inventory management, pharmaceutical authentication, and airline baggage tracking.
Impinj was founded on technology developed by Dr. Carver Mead and Dr. Chris Diorio that enables low power, programmable, minimum-size analog circuits. Semiconductor visionary Dr. Mead was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2003 and has founded more than twenty companies in his professional career. The driving force behind the UHF Gen 2 standard and winner of the RFID Journal Live Special Achievement award in 2011 for those efforts, Dr. Diorio is Chairman and CTO of Impinj and also an Associate Professor at the University of Washington. He has personally revolutionized using RFID in applications from supply-chain to pharmaceuticals.
Impinj, founded in May 2000, is privately held and has raised over 110 million in funding. Investors include ARCH Venture Partners, Alliance Bernstein, Cipio Partners, GF Private Equity, Inventec Appliances Corporation, LS Industrial Systems Co. Ltd., Madrona Venture Group, Mobius Venture Capital, Polaris Venture Partners, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, Venture Tech Alliance, Viterbi Group, and YFY Group.|
Support Impinj with Social Media services