Software Development Engineer In Test, Applications Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We, the team that builds applications on top of Splunk core platform, are looking for a developer of test automation for our products. Successful candidate may join a project in the following areas: Enterprise Security, PCI Compliance, VMware monitoring, Hadoop monitoring, Web Intelligence, etc.
- Develop rock solid automation infrastructure and test cases
- Build special Splunk applications that test production Splunk applications
- Find and file bugs in Splunk applications and Splunk core platform
- Write test plans
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Good programming skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Capable of technical writing (bug reports, test plans, test specifications)
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Passionate about software and solving hard problems
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them
- Professional experience in software development or development in test
- Experience with GUI or Web applications testing (Selenium, Rational Functional Tester, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware / Citrix), servers, file / block storage, networking (TCP/IP, sockets, switching)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle) and/or â€œBig dataâ€ technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop)
- Experience with systems-management-related platform technologies (e.g. WMI, Perfmon, Windows Event Log, UNIX tools like ps, etc.)
- Adept with regular expressions
- Professional experience in software/web startup companies as well as in big-company product development or IT environments
- B.S. or advanced degree in a technical field
- Strong Computer Science background.
For the right candidate this position can be converted to a senior (lead) position.
Splunk is a very fast growing enterprise software company managed by ambitious industry veterans who know how to scale their business.â€¨â€¨Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more. â€¨ â€¨Since first shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,200 customers in 90+ countries. These organizations are using Splunk to improve service levels, reduce operations costs, mitigate security risks, enable compliance, enhance DevOps collaboration and create new product and service offerings. With Splunk, they break down traditional data silos and attain operational intelligence that benefits both IT and the business. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.â€¨ â€¨Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED