Software Engineer EnergyHub
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Help us build software that monitors and controls real devices (e.g., thermostats and home automation systems) in people's homes. Consumers love our products for their ease of use and ability to help save energy. Utilities rely on our software to lash together a virtual power plant that keeps the power grid up during the hottest parts of the day.
At EnergyHub, you will work on all aspects of our software platform, from scaling the back end, to building predictive analytics, to coding web and mobile applications. We're a small team, so everybody's opinion matters, and each person is given as much opportunity and responsibility as they can handle (and sometimes more).
In addition to solving all of the usual software problems (achieving high availability, dealing with lots of data, implementing web services efficiently, choosing the best JS and CSS technologies, etc.), we also deal with real physical devices, so you will be encouraged to learn about boot loaders, Z-Wave, how to conserve the battery of an embedded device, and much more.
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in some (almost any!) modern programming language. Some experience with Java and/or Python is a plus.
- Knows their way around Linux or embedded systems because they like knowing how things work.
- Understands how to store and analyze lots of data, and has some interest in picking and presenting pertinent information to consumers.
- Is fascinated by the complex challenges of developing easy-to-use tools for energy conservation.
- Agrees that "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins is the perfect soundtrack for releases, even though releasing software is easier than flying a fighter jet.
EnergyHub, a growing subsidiary of Alarm.com, provides a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. We sell through a variety of channels: thermostat manufacturers, electric utilities, and digital service providers. Together, our partners have sold hundreds of thousands of EnergyHub-powered devices, and we have our sights set on 1 million devices in the next few years.
As a team, we:
- Like the JVM, but love Python.
- Juggle data using the right tool for the job - SQL, NoSQL, and Pandas+SciPy+IPython. Fall asleep counting more than just sheep.
- Scale horizontally.
- Keep a clean house using dev tools such as git and Jenkins.
EnergyHub is located in the Old American Can Factory near the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn, NY (right across the street from Whole Foods). We offers great benefits, including company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents; 401(k); stock options; a casual work environment; the flexibility to set your own schedule; a place to park your bike; delicious snacks; hydroponically grown tomatoes from an office window box; and cold beer.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume.
- Why you're excited to work at EnergyHub.
- Some code. This can take the form of a link to any of your open source projects, your github/bitbucket username, a code sample, or an app you wrote.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
EnergyHub provides a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. We sell through a variety of channels: thermostat OEMs, electric utilities, and digital service providers. Together, our partners have sold over 100,000 EnergyHub-powered devices, and we have our sights set on 1 million devices in the next few years. We've raised about 18M of venture capital, and we're based in Brooklyn, NY.
Shipping Product Investors: Physic Ventures All Jobs: at EnergyHub
|Headquarters:||232 Third St Suite C201|
Brooklyn, NY 11215
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|
|Company Profile:||EnergyHub, an independent subsidiary of Alarm.com, provides a cloud-hosted platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. Together, EnergyHub and Alarm.com are leading the Internet of Things revolution: Alarm.com has more than two millions subscribers, and almost a million people are connected to EnergyHub.
Thermostat manufacturers white-label EnergyHub's software to give their users a simple and convenient way to control wi-fi thermostats from any smartphone. Utilities use EnergyHub to keep the power grid stable. Home security and cable companies use EnergyHub to bake cutting-edge energy management capabilities into their existing products.
EnergyHub is leveraging its leadership position in the IoT to develop the most advanced, intelligent device-control technologies in the world. We're on track to triple our revenue from 2014 to 2015, and we're making a huge environmental impact while saving our customers a ton of money. Come join us.|
Support EnergyHub with Social Media services