Software Engineer â UI Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Sustaining Engineering team continually improves the product based on requirements and defects reported by customers. We are looking for a software engineer who can look at large bodies of complex code, identify problems and implement solutions for rapid delivery to our customers. The engineer should be a 'get it right the first time' type of problem solver. This engineer will also be a major participant in design/code reviews and leading the engineering team to produce more serviceable and maintainable version of the product..
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Resolve defects and implement minor features for Splunk's UI
- Manage escalations from high profile customers and provide high quality timely solutions for defects
- Engage in design and code review of the product, and leverage the service experience to proactively prevent future problems
- Design and implement tools to help support engineers diagnose problems thereby reducing time to resolution
Education: Got it!
- 5+ years of experience in developing rich and complex web applications with sophisticated server-side and browser-side code
- Ability to jump into unfamiliar code, identify root cause of defects, and develop fix, at times doing unobtrusive re-implementations or re-factorings to accomplish the goal
- Knowledgeable on best practices in making products reliable, serviceable as well as leadership abilities to promote those practices in the organization
- Experience with application server technologies such as cherrypy, Django is a plus
- Experience with Mako is a plus
Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED