Software Intern Impinj
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Apply To This Job
Return To List
As a member of Impinj's software engineering team, you will develop web based reporting applications for tracking quality metrics for RFID chip products. You will have ownership of your own projects and interface directly with internal customers for your work product.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our internal business systems, ranging from manufacturing automation to quality monitoring, and develop familiarity with how they enable day-to-day operations
- In close collaboration with team members and users of these systems, identify potential areas for improvement and take ownership of implementing the proposed solution
- Conduct evaluation of 3rd party software tools and packages to determine merits of applying to Impinj application solutions.
- Participate in all stages of the software life cycle, including requirements definition, design, implementation, integration, documentation, continuous testing, deployment, and ongoing support
- Make users happy by following a structured Agile development process in order to provide deliverables on time and with as few defects as possible
- Working towards a bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with Windows development environment and tools
- Expertise in C, C++, or any popular scripting language (such as Perl, Python, or Ruby)
- Experience with software development methodologies and source control tools
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and be responsible for business-critical code bases while working closely with developers and other users
- Taking pride in delivering quality software that performs its intended function well.
- Experience taking on projects that required personal initiative
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Agile methodology
- History of development with large-scale code bases
Apply To This Job
||Full Time |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Impinj, Inc. is the leading provider of UHF RFID solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating items. Impinj's GrandPrix- technology platform is the most comprehensive and widely adopted in our industry. The GrandPrix platform's key elements are Monza tag chips, Indy reader chips, and Speedway readers and subsystems. RFID systems built on the GrandPrix platform deliver real-time information about tagged items, thereby enabling applications and analytics designed to improve business decisions and enhance consumer experience. Leading retail, apparel, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, t
> 50M RaisedInvestors: ARCH Venture Partners
, Madrona Venture Group
, Mobius Venture Capital
, Physic Ventures
, Polaris Partners
, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund All Jobs: at Impinj
|Headquarters:||701 North 34th Street|
Seattle, WA 98103
|Company Profile:||Impinj focuses exclusively on UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID (radio-frequency identification) solutions. UHF RFID enables writing individualized information to and reading information from tagged items without line of sight, at longer range, higher speed, lower cost, and with more automation than any competing technology. Impinj embraces the global industry standard for UHF RFID, called UHF Gen 2, which we extend through our leadership in the standards-setting process and enhance with our proprietary technologies and deep domain expertise. UHF Gen 2 systems are ideally suited for high-volume, item-level applications that require low-cost consumable tags, such as retail inventory management, pharmaceutical authentication, and airline baggage tracking.
Impinj was founded on technology developed by Dr. Carver Mead and Dr. Chris Diorio that enables low power, programmable, minimum-size analog circuits. Semiconductor visionary Dr. Mead was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2003 and has founded more than twenty companies in his professional career. The driving force behind the UHF Gen 2 standard and winner of the RFID Journal Live Special Achievement award in 2011 for those efforts, Dr. Diorio is Chairman and CTO of Impinj and also an Associate Professor at the University of Washington. He has personally revolutionized using RFID in applications from supply-chain to pharmaceuticals.
Impinj, founded in May 2000, is privately held and has raised over 110 million in funding. Investors include ARCH Venture Partners, Alliance Bernstein, Cipio Partners, GF Private Equity, Inventec Appliances Corporation, LS Industrial Systems Co. Ltd., Madrona Venture Group, Mobius Venture Capital, Polaris Venture Partners, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, Venture Tech Alliance, Viterbi Group, and YFY Group.|
Support Impinj with Social Media services