Software QA Engineer Homejoy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Homejoy is an early-stage, successful startup headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. We're a platform for connecting homeowners with high-quality, trustworthy home service providers - starting with home cleaning. Currently serving tons of clients in over 20 major cities across the U.S, and we're still growing really, really fast! We've recently raised capital from the world's top investors including First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Max Levchin, Y Combinator, among many others.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals to join our very small engineering team as we scale our site to millions of users. You'll get to develop our testing procedure and execute test cycles in short release cycles on both web & mobile. Ideally you have some coding background and are passionate about optimizing the speed and usability of our platform.
- You believe websites & products should operate flawlessly
- You thrive in rapid pace agile development environments
- Service-oriented, distributed web products feel like home to you
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2+ yrs working as a QA engineer, preferably in a fast growing startup
- Take the lead role in managing the QA process - you get to build it from the ground up!
- You have worked on a small QA team - embracing the challenge of driving black and white box testing in addition to writing automated test cases
- Effectively communicate with product and design during new feature reviews and throughout product development
- Ability to propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders as necessary
- Verify, document and manage report of software bugs
- You're fast - you walk the fine line between getting products out the door and testing them to perfection
- You're opinionated and care intensely about the little details that make a great user experience
- Experienced in programming languages
- Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience
- Startup DNA a must
- Python experience
- Testing mobile applications using iOS and Android platforms
- Experienced a Homejoy cleaning and already know how we work as a client
- Very competitive pay, serious equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- New machine and other needed hardware
- Daily catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a break room fully stocked with snacks 24/7!
- Transit pass
- Weekly personal group trainer to help stay fit and healthy
- Fun team outings, including sporting events, happy hours, bowling competitions, BBQ's and pizza parties
- Relocation expenses (if outside of the Bay Area)
- Relaxed working environment; we won't judge if you want to come to work in your jammies!
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Homejoy believes everyone deserves a happy home. With just a few clicks, Homejoy will match you with an interviewed, background-checked and tested professional cleaner who maintains high customer ratings. And at 20/hour, Homejoy makes a sparkling home an affordable reality for many hard-working individuals.
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: Andreessen Horowitz
, First Round Capital
, Google Ventures All Jobs: at Homejoy
|Headquarters:||235 Montgomery Street #320|
San Francisco, CA 94104
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Homejoy is a fast growing technology platform revolutionizing the client and service provider experience. We use our platform to provide our clients with on-demand, high quality home services, starting with residential cleaning, at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. In our first year we expanded to more than 30 cities throughout the US and Canada - covering over 100m households. We've delivered double-digit revenue growth every single month, and every new market's growth tracks faster than our first benchmark market.
We're also focused on making homes happier. This includes happy clients and enabling the independent cleaning professionals on our platform the tools to grow their business. This also includes volunteer time and projects by our employees. The Homejoy Foundation takes this one step further through grants for the communities we serve.
We are backed by some of Silicon Valley's best investors - including Google Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin, Paul Buchheit and others.|
Support Homejoy with Social Media services