Software Quality Assurance Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance | Austin, TX, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing of web applications using both Microsoft and open source technologies. This position has frequent contact with members of development, operations, and product management.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, and maintain comprehensive test plans that ensure systems requirements are met
- Test web-based applications in multiple operating systems and web browsers
- Develop automated testing scripts for regression testing applications
- Utilize automated testing software for iterative and regression testing scenarios
- Contribute to product and process improvements as well as refinement of QA practices requirements
- Experience using debugging tools, software source control, and issue tracking systems
- Ability to discern and articulate root cause or need as well as solution; demonstrate superior problem solving skills
- Experience with non-GUI API testing, web applications, scripting languages, Windows and/or Linux administration, and automated testing strongly preferred
- Ability and desire to foresee, evaluate, and apply technological trends of state of the art software engineering tools, techniques, and processes
- Possess a strong focus on self-motivated achievement and a disposition towards taking action to get results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the following: HTML, XML, IIS, SQL, JS, JSON, GIT, JIRA, PYTHON, C#
- BS degree or significant experience testing commercial software in a fast-paced development environment.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Austin, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED