Solution Architect FirstBest Systems, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description:
The Solution Architect (SA) will be responsible for overseeing the technical implementation of a successful FirstBests Underwriting Management System (UMS) installation from inception phase to production rollout. The SA will work closely with the client on scoping functional and technical requirements that will ultimately be the implementation. The SA must have hands-on experience with the development of software products, the development and implementation of large enterprise business solutions, and demonstrated success in integrating new solutions with legacy systems. The SA will manage the project and assign tasks to the supporting team which could include a Business Analyst, Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Provide all levels of design needed (infrastructure, application, and business) for the implementation of UMS
- Design of the integration architecture between UMS and existing systems such as rating, policy administration, and custom legacy systems
- Oversee UMS configuration (forms, business rules, and workflow) and customizations/extensions as required by the business
- Work with IT and business owners to understand business requirements and strategy related to the assigned line of business in order to design solutions for that business
- Mentor and lead the project team in developing the solution, and occasionally participate in the development
- Create design documents for custom components to be implemented for a client
- Run project meetings with the team, track tasks and progress
- Work closely with the client project team to report project status, issues, mitigation, and other project related activities
- Work closely with Engineering team to identify possible features that should be implemented in the core UMS product
Deep experience developing enterprise solutions using all aspects of Java EE, Application Servers, Web Services, Workflow, Rules Engines, XML technologies
Experience leading project teams
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding interpersonal skills
Ability to work with project and business constraints (previous work in a consulting role is desirable)
5+ years of experience leading enterprise architecture, systems integration or package implementation and a proven track record of delivering high quality business enterprise solutions
10+ years of experience operating in an architect or senior developer role on enterprise-wide development projects
Insurance domain experience is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus.
||420 Bedford Street |
Lexington, MA 02420
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
FirstBest Systems, Inc. was founded in 2006 to transform the commercial lines insurance process by helping insurers solve some of today's critical underwriting and distribution channel challenges. Investors: Flybridge Capital Partners All Jobs: at FirstBest Systems, Inc.
|Headquarters:||213 Burlington Road|
Bedford, MA 01730
|Company Profile:||The FirstBest Front Office Suite brings together agents and underwriters in a collaborative underwriting process that helps them to rapidly and efficiently submit, evaluate, quote and close business. The Suite enables the carrier and channel to grow their books of business and cast a wider net to bring in new business:
Carriers - Commercial- and specialty- lines insurers can provide better service that makes them the carrier of choice while increasing efficiency; lower the loss ratio by leveraging complete underwriting information, knowledge and rules; and scale the business with greater agility.
The distribution channel - Agents, brokers, MGAs and MGUs gain greater productivity, increased responsiveness, and a higher win rate through the Suite's upload, STP, collaboration, and transparency features.
A Suite of Collaborative Underwriting Applications
Built on a modern architecture with common Web services, security, workflows, and integration toolkit, the modular applications of the FirstBest Front Office Suite work together seamlessly, enabling rapid deployment in different configurations. Carriers can pick and choose any or all of the Suite's applications with the peace of mind that they work together today and in the future, as additional capabilities are required.
The Suite includes three collaborative underwriting applications:
FirstBest Underwriting Management System (UMS) - FirstBest's flagship solution combines a next-generation underwriting workstation and a business analyst workstation with a Web 2.0 agent portal for comprehensive underwriting workflow and real-time carrier-agency collaboration.
FirstBest Agent - A complete transactional agent portal that facilitates new business and renewals, and provides rich functionality for increased carrier-agency communication, including dynamic supplemental data, shared documents, notes, and email notifications.
FirstBest AppReader - An agency connectivity application for agent and underwriter form/image conversion to ACORD XML and instant upload to carrier systems, regardless of agency management system, and without proprietary networks or transaction fees.
Support FirstBest Systems, Inc. with Social Media services